Not a lot of sunlight

Jun 4, 2018
Concord, NC
Good morning. My pool is installed in my backyard but the issue I have is that it only gets sunlight until about noon during the day then it is in shade the rest of the day. When I SLAM I am able to get rid of algae but it seems like it comes back easily even if I keep all of my chemistry in check. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything that may help my situation since the pool doesn't get enough direct UV rays without breaking the bank? My last full set of readings are as follows

FC - 3.0
CC- 0.0
pH- 7.6
TA- 80
CH- 130
CYA- 40
Temp- 79F
CSI- -0.43

With a CYA of 40 the PoolMath tool says I should be between 3-7 FC. Everyday I add have been adding it back up to 7.0. Then over the weekend I noticed it looked more aquamarine than blue so I started the SLAM yesterday. Shouldn't take long to clear up I just don't want to go through a SLAM every couple weeks like I did last year if I don't have to. I probably left out some information. I have not posted since last year so hopefully my signature still comes up with my pool information. Thanks everyone!

UV removes the CC from your water. So it does not have any relation to algae issues.

Be sure you complete the SLAM Process to completion. First criteria is crystal clear water. That can take time with a sand filter. Then run the OCLT and test your CC at the morning test.

I understand. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough. My water has very high TA when I add it as make up water because of my water softener. I know that makes the water cloudy as well(learned that last year) so I stopped my first SLAM and brought my TA down and then the water was clear. Now with my TA low to start hopefully it will be clearer quicker. I only lost 1 ppm overnight last night and my CC is <0.5. Just have to let the sand filter do it's job now. Thank you

Yes that is what I use for all of my logs. That is where the data came from in my first post. I love that app! Makes things so much easier. I will read through it again but my understanding is for a vinyl liner I just have to be worried about my CSI being over +0.6. I have been negative(Very negative at times) the whole time. I will definitely look at that again though just to make sure I am not missing anything.

I have noticed that it takes me getting my TA to about 70 before my pool will clear up even though the safe range says 50-90 in the app. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Great! So, in your App setup (Gear thing, upper right), select Sharing. That way we will be able to see your Poolmath test logs by hovering over your member name.

Thanks! Looks great! Everything is there. It will automatically keep them available from now on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.