Noob Question - type of fitting

May 3, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
IMG_20200914_160305.jpg

Apologies in advance for the noobish question. But can anyone tell me what time of fitting this is and how it's removed? From my googling, it looks like it's called either a "slip" fitting or "inside" fitting. This is my second pool (just bought the house in June) and am getting ready to close for the season so need to plug these up once I blow them out. My first pool had the standard eyeball fittings that just unscrewed by hand.

I too have this type fitting and *hate it* ! I've wanted to change it out for years to a different one but ....it ain't coming out!

I think its the curse of having a fiberglass pool. (traded off with the benefit of knowing we'll *never* get black algae).

IF someone does come up with a solution to your post, I'll be all over it like white on rice!!

Maddie

I too have this type fitting and *hate it* ! I've wanted to change it out for years to a different one but ....it ain't coming out!

I think its the curse of having a fiberglass pool. (traded off with the benefit of knowing we'll *never* get black algae).

IF someone does come up with a solution to your post, I'll be all over it like white on rice!!

Maddie

Thanks for the reply Maddie. Yes, my last pool was a liner and this one is fiberglass, so I've also had a bit of a learning curve there. Can I ask what you do to plug it or cover it in the off season? (Assuming you actually have an off-season where you have to close the pool? I'm in Indiana so yeah mine gets closed for seven - eight months) There is one of these returns in the pool that doesn't actually do anything (it's not even hooked up to plumbing) and it's covered by some strange little plastic piece at all times. Do I maybe need something like that instead of a winter plug? I can post pics if need be.

We don't close our pool.
I would like to see a pic of this mysterious other "outlet" is...... I'm game if you are to sharing.

Maddie
Mystery cover attached. No idea what this thing is, but it's been on there all season so I'm guessing it's permanent.

I did end up getting the eyballs out of the returns. It was a pain and I will be ordering some newer better ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20200915_162020.jpg
    IMG_20200915_162020.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 20
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.