Non slip - Artifical grass or carpet around pool?

Aug 23, 2009
Spring Valley, NY
The deck around my inground pool is cement. And it looks pretty bad. One option is to repaint it. However, I was thinking of putting artifical grass or perhaps even an outdoor "carpet" w/drainage holes on it.
Does anyone have any experience where they can recommend one that is not expensive yet (most importantly) is not slippery (don't want anyone falling)?

I would think artificial grass or the outdoor carpet would be a dirt magnet. Think of all the airborne junk blowing around. It'll build up over time I'm sure. Then what, use a leaf blower or try and hose it clean?

You might want to look at this:

I had it over 10 years ago and it was pretty good then. It was recycled from old sneakers to make your wife feel better. No idea what the products would be like now.

You might want to look at this:

I had it over 10 years ago and it was pretty good then. It was recycled from old sneakers to make your wife feel better. No idea what the products would be like now.
How was the heat? I have grass around 80% of my pool, right up to the coping and am considering turf but I'm worried about it being too hot to walk on and play on. Thanks, Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.