Non slip - Artifical grass or carpet around pool?

cgott42

Aug 23, 2009
Spring Valley, NY
The deck around my inground pool is cement. And it looks pretty bad. One option is to repaint it. However, I was thinking of putting artifical grass or perhaps even an outdoor "carpet" w/drainage holes on it.
Does anyone have any experience where they can recommend one that is not expensive yet (most importantly) is not slippery (don't want anyone falling)?

GSD_fanatic

Bronze Supporter
Jul 14, 2021
SE CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I would think artificial grass or the outdoor carpet would be a dirt magnet. Think of all the airborne junk blowing around. It'll build up over time I'm sure. Then what, use a leaf blower or try and hose it clean?

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
You might want to look at this:

I had it over 10 years ago and it was pretty good then. It was recycled from old sneakers to make your wife feel better. No idea what the products would be like now.

Nectarologist

Apr 3, 2015
New York
You might want to look at this:

I had it over 10 years ago and it was pretty good then. It was recycled from old sneakers to make your wife feel better. No idea what the products would be like now.
How was the heat? I have grass around 80% of my pool, right up to the coping and am considering turf but I'm worried about it being too hot to walk on and play on. Thanks, Chris

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Pics? Does it look bad because it's cracked or just stained? A good power wash should bring it back.

BrettRod

Jan 14, 2020
Central PA
I have a strip 7.5’x46’ that I did for a sitting area. I like it. It can get hot so you will need to use T-cool and Sand mix as infill and water the infill as needed to keep the grass cool. The T-cool will hold water for about 3 days.
EED6D204-276C-4EAA-A5C0-C054B1085018.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support