FC 0.1
TC 0.24
CC 0.14
PH 7
Alk 245
CYA 202 😭
Phos 5132
16000 unground vinyl.
(Added pH increaser today and more chlorine)
So i am planning on doing a no drain water exchange once my Taylor kit arrives in a week or so. Also will do a SLAM at that time. And will completely change the way we are caring for this pool and avoid pucks 😭.

I will place the sump pump in shallow end, and hose to refill in deep end. I am so nervous to do this with the vinyl liner. I have read the fourms, and i see it has been done and is ok to do.

Are there any tips or advice to doing this as safe as possible? What are signs that i am running into trouble (line detachment?) do you all think this is the best way to get the CYA down? Or should i do a drain then refill separately?

This is our second year with this pool, so i am really trying to get control of it and understand it.

Appreciate you guys and all the forums and advice.

Is the fill water colder than the pool water? Where is the skimmer(s) located? What is the salt level of the pool?

I don’t have exact temperatures of the fill water, but feeling it by hand it feels colder than pool. Pool is about 75-78 degrees.
No salt water.
skimmer is located centrally in the right wall. Rectangle shaped pool.

The problem with putting the sump pump at the shallow end, is that you won't be able to exchange much water before mixing. Most of the water is above the shallow end floor. If you can draw water from the surface, that would be better (i.e. skimmer or stairs).

Last edited:
Is the concern in temperature difference due to the densities of different temperatures?
Am i understanding this correctly- exchanging water is just pumping old water out and at the same time i put new water in via the hose?

So putting the pump on the shallow end stairs should help pump out the old water? And the cold new water will hang out towards the bottom of the pool?
Yes, exactly. The colder water on the bottom will help keep the separation a little better. I usually do the exchange in the winter (colder pool, warmer fill) and introduce water at the surface because I have a salt water pool which has a higher density and the warmer fill water at the top helps keep the separation. It would still probably work ok with the same water temp since you only need to replace 70% of the water. The best I have done is about 90% replacement under optimal conditions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.