Planning a big water exchange

Green Goblin

Gold Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tennessee
I am planning out a pretty big water exchange. I'm trying to get my calcium level down, and I know there is some iron in my water that I'm trying to get down too. I have had some issues over the past few years with scale and iron stains, reasonably mild, but trying to do better.

I have a 15,000 gallon pool, and was thinking of running the exchange long enough to have 15,000 gallons in/out-- which is about 24 hours continuous using my pump.

This will drop my FC, CYA, TA, and Salt, and likely change my pH. I've been looking around for the sequence in which to balance things once I'm done with the exchange, but couldn't figure it out. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I was thinking about adding the salt last, as I have plenty of chlorine around from a recent SLAM and just figured I'd turn off the SWG during this as the salt level will drop too low anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.