No tile on steps, spa seat and tanning shelf?

I had always thought they were for extra bling and accents. Didn't know they were so you wouldn't stub your toe or fall off until I found TFP and and read that in some posts. I don't think they are dated and our PB puts them in all their pools. We love them!

Theres so many ways to do them. For ours, they cut the 6" waterline tile in 3x3 squares and put them in a diamond orientation on the steps. We didn't care for that look. We have seen some great ones done out of the glass and all kinds of other ideas. For us, it just seemed like it would date the pool or be out of style quickly. Hopefully I keep the water clear enough people can see the steps!

brett

Theres so many ways to do them. For ours, they cut the 6" waterline tile in 3x3 squares and put them in a diamond orientation on the steps. We didn't care for that look. We have seen some great ones done out of the glass and all kinds of other ideas. For us, it just seemed like it would date the pool or be out of style quickly. Hopefully I keep the water clear enough people can see the steps!

brett

Yes we had three options with the 1" glass tile we used in the spa: 2 row, 1 row or diamond shape. We did two row. :) I've seen other pools use mosaic tiles like little fish, turtles, etc. Clear water will definitely help. :)

0eb987d52e0430e25f42dfabf6428e07.jpg

Here's mine, I love the clean lines. It's not hard to see the edge at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The time I have the most difficulty seeing the edges of benches/steps is when I'm swimming, not in full sun light, and my head is underwater with no goggles. The extra visual distinction is helpful at that point for me. My tiles are not drastically different from the plaster color so they do an OK job. I'd prefer to have a more obvious difference. They also used our 6x6 waterline tiles and cut them in quarters. Anyone can see the steps/benches from above in clear, still water...unless their vision is not clear for other reasons!

I guess my approach is this: How do you feel about them personally?

As a home buyer, I wouldn't turn down a home because it did or did not have tiles on the edges of the steps in the pool.

I really like some of the images of the clean design, and I like some of the gorgeous marker tiles in other images. My wife and I have been discussing a replaster (or maybe pebble) on our pool, it will be needing it in a few years, and after reading this thread I've been putting a lot of thought into it myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.