No Stabilizer or Chlorine!

Fire

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2019
Toronto Ontario
Hey everyone!
So my friend down the street asked me to test his pool. He's been using a pool company for the last 10years. You can see the test results as no stabilizer or chlorine! (Mike's Pool) The water is clear. He has a feeder system that uses stabilized chlorine pucks and it's full of oucks.. It is a Hayward Chlorine Feeder. I noticed the dial is set to 2. The dial goes from 0-8. I put 4 scoops of DPD powder and the water sample didn't change colour. Also the CYA test showed 0 (filled the whole tube and you can see the black dot clear as day). It's a real head scratcher, as I would assume there has to be some CYA in the pool because he's using the pucks that have CYA in them. Thoughts?

We've had a lot of rain lately, so that could have had an effect. Any thoughts on the Chlorine feeder? Should I put the dial up?
If you can count the pucks, you can use "Effects of Adding Chemicals" from the Poolmath app or online and see about how much CYA it will add.
Is he willing to use liquid chlorine (either plain bleach or liquid pool shock)?

So I'm not 💯 sure of the size as the pool as it's a weird kidney shape. (Double humpback kidney?) I added 3L of liquid chlorine @ 10% and tested after 20min. FC shows at 2.5 and CC as 0.5. I'm still at a loss in regards to the CYA tho....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.