No/low chlorine with this cheap amazon/chinese SWG (Pomeade EC16)

As I stated, I didn't lose FC over night, didn't see any algae, but I never really did, just the water wasn't clear. Water was clear.

I was going to maintain a 10 FC... you said crank the SWCG if kids were going to swim so I did that in anticipation that all the dirty little teenagers would eat up some chlorine.

It dropped to 12, I left it on boost/max because I didn't want my chlorine to drop below 10. If I came home and it was still at 12 then I would have felt like I was good.

But dropping from 12 to 9 while running a "20,000 gallon" SWCG on full in an 11,000 gallon pool makes me feel like I'm back sliding.

As mentioned in the original and in the title of the thread, it's just a cheap Chinese SWCG off amazon. I have linked to it as well.
Completing your signature helps us not need to go searching for the information.

Understood, but it's literally in the title of the thread in this case. :/
After 4 pages the title does not show on my screen when I go to your latest post.

If you cannot take time to help those who are trying to help you I will just move onto help others who better show their appreciation.

Reactions: newdude
That cell puts out 16g/hr. Or about 13.5oz = .84lb/day. That is smaller than most 15 cells.

At 100%, if the cell works as rated, it will generate 9.2FC per day, in a 11K pool.

I think you have an aftermarket cell that was oversold.

Our experience with the knock-offs or just not worth the savings. Both in time and money...and the amount of time we spend here trying to sort them out.

Hope that helps sort out the dilemma. I'm sorry it happened to you.

That cell puts out 16g/hr. Or about 13.5oz = .84lb/day. That is smaller than most 15 cells.

At 100%, if the cell works as rated, it will generate 9.2FC per day, in a 11K pool.

I think you have an aftermarket cell that was oversold.

Our experience with the knock-offs or just not worth the savings. Both in time and money...and the amount of time we spend here trying to sort them out.

Hope that helps sort out the dilemma. I'm sorry it happened to you.
I hear ya... that's why I essentially went 2x vs 1.5x on the size.

So if I'm running it 8 hours a day that's only 3 FC (assuming it's rated what it says it's rated for).

Didn't someone say in my area I should be looking at a 1FC/day loss... so even if that cell only works HALF as good as it should, wouldn't that be enough?

Didn't someone say in my area I should be looking at a 1FC/day loss... so even if that cell only works HALF as good as it should, wouldn't that be enough?
Ha! The cell is not putting out. No way around it.

I lose up to 5.5ppm per day, with sun and swimmers, in early June in northern Ohio. Based on my experience here, you are likely to be at losing at least 3-4FC, without swimmers, now through early August. We are in peak season!

1716515757496.png