No flow switching pump off

samjesse

Feb 14, 2020
Sydney Australia
Hi
The clorinator switches the pump speed from High to Medium, but after some random time, it turns off with No Flow red light on. I recycle the main switch On/Off, pump on high, still No Flow red light. Clean the cell in 10:1 water:acid no avail.
The cell has 3 wires, so self cleaning.
any suggestions?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20200319_072103.jpg
    IMG_20200319_072103.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200319_072112.jpg
    IMG_20200319_072112.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 11
Sam,

Either you have low flow or not... If you have good flow out of your pool returns, then I would suspect your flow switch or sensor.. If the actual flow feels weak, then I would suspect a dirty filter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sam, your Chlorinator looks like a re-branded Austral VX. Is there a blue wire on the Cell? The manual just mentions that the Cell detects the flow but not how.
20200320_200512.jpg

S,

The cell itself cannot control the speed of the pump... This means that something in the cell's controller must do it.. Assuming the pump is being controlled at all.. Do you know for sure this is true? What does the manual say? Do you see wires going from the salt system to the pump or to the pump's control box.

I ask because as it just may be 2-speed relay for that is bad and nothing to do with the salt system.. What pump do you have? A 2-speed, or variable speed pump? or????

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
S,
Assuming the pump is being controlled at all.. Do you know for sure this is true? What does the manual say? Do you see wires going from the salt system to the pump or to the pump's control box.

I ask because as it just may be 2-speed relay for that is bad and nothing to do with the salt system.. What pump do you have? A 2-speed, or variable speed pump? or????
Yes the manual says the pump is being controlled .
Yes there is cable from the Clorinator to the pump (pump is not connected straight to the wall).
I have a variable speed pump, will post pump info later if needed as I am not at home now.

With that type of chlorinator design, they can fill with gas when operating at lower speeds and then the flow indicator shows no flow. Is gas accumulating in the cell?

Reactions: wireform
The blue wire connects to a little probe. If the water is touching the probe, it assumes flow. If the water is not touching the probe, it assumes no flow.

It's a standard "gas trap" design that's popular in Australia and SWGs made in Australia. A "gas trap" is required in Australia.

Reactions: wireform
Is gas accumulating in the cell?
I will keep an eye on that but I don't think so, I have changed the default speed from low to medium to avoid low flow gas accumulation, also see the attached photo at a high pump speed, the inside 10 millimetre rubber short hose is extended almost all the way to the top of the inside wall is that normal?

Attachments

• 15847645611885953497897247984491.jpg
    15847645611885953497897247984491.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.