no display

I have been successfully repairing AQR bds for many years and I refuse to remain silent on this. If the incoming AC feed is configured properly, the voltage between the two yellow wires should read 24 volts AC.
Quick troubleshooting:
1. make sure the incoming AC feed is configured properly
2. disconnect the salt cell from the bd
3. turn on the AC power, set to 100% output and place the switch to Auto
4. after you hear the click, measure the DC voltage between pins 1 and 2 of the J5 connector on the bd (see the below pic). It should read 30-35 Volts DC across side A & B.
5. place the switch to OFF position and then back to Auto. This time the polarity should reverse.
If the above test is true, the board is good. Focus your troubleshooting on the salt cell.
Make sure to turn off the power or place the switch to OFF before reconnecting back the salt cell.

If you are proficient in soldering, you can try to resurrect the other bd with missing 5VDC between pins 2 & 4 on the display bd by replacing U13 (MAX809JTRG), Digi-key MAX809JTRGOSCT-ND.

hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the information and diagram, the information you and your group has given me has been a great help. Pinch a Penny cell test does not check polarity and keep testing the cell as good. I gambled on an aftermarket salt cell and so far everything is working normally now. Pinch a Penny wanted $750 for a new T-15 cell with a 3 year warranty, the aftermarket one cost about $250 with a 1 year warranty.

Thanks again for all your help and I'm spreading the word about you fine group.

Paul

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.