No Chlorine Reading

FC is at 48. I’m thinking I got a bad test the other evening and got a little chlorine happy and added way over shock level. Guess the plan is to keep the pump running 24/7 the next few days and ride it out. Got to warm up nicely through the weekend so that’s good news. Any suggestions?

Keep testing until it falls to Slam level and maintain there. Keep scrubbing the walls and bottom. When the water is clear you can run an OCLT test and if you pass you are ready to enjoy you pool

So why do Clarifiers get such a bad rap?
Glue. They clump up the solids and then that glue gets pulled into your filter. Overtime it will clump up and compromise sand, embed into the grids of DE, and foul the paper media in a cartridge.

First day we can actually see the bottom stair liner. We are not through with the SLAM process yet but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The biggest lesson learned through this process is PATIENCE. Thank you all so much for the insights and encouragements along the way.

Clorox brand typically has Cloromax in it. That is a polymer additive not designed to be in pools.

Best sources of liquid chlorine is Walmart (Pool Essentials 10%), possibly the GV Cleaning Bleach (6%), also cleaning supply stores, some pool stores.
Discount stores such as Dollar General typically sell low strength bleach. If it does not show the %Sodium Hypochlorite on the bottle, it is typically under 3%.
Quick question—if Clorox is all that’s available, is it okay????

It can foam, leave a scum line at the water line or in the skimmer, etc.

If Nothing else is available for a one time use, sure. But long term use I would be concerned of buildup.

Up to you -- your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.