No bleach, HD shipment?

smenzel

Aug 8, 2019
McDonough, GA

Definitely have had no luck with finding bleach anywhere near me. Has anyone used this before from home depot?

Reactions: KristenNScott
Are you guys sure you're using what smenzel posted, or are you using this? Or, are they the same, with different packaging? This box has a pool ball on it

HDX
1 Gal. Pool-Care Chlorinating Liquid (2-Pack)

I am using the 3 pack. I get it for 8.98 per box of 3 when I buy 4 boxes.

Reactions: Beerfloater
Ugh. I can't get it delivered to my zip code. 3 weeks ago, I sent my teens to Walmart to pick up as much Great Value Bleach as they could carry, partly to prepare for this, but I normally buy a dozen at the start of the season. Folks must have thought they were crazy, walking out with 15 jugs of bleach. Due to weather, we probably won't open until the 20th, so I still have some time, but I like to be prepared anyway.

If I decide to look at "pool chlorine" at Walmart, or wherever, what DON'T I want to get? And what the heck are the COVID panickers doing with bleach!!! It's not like you can drink it!

Pool Essentials is the liquid chlorine at Walmart. Garden section.
Be ware of the GV bleach, it typically has additives now and is just 6%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I went to Home Depot last week they had 148 boxes (444 gallons). They now only have 44 boxes left and I am pretty sure it is not pool owners that are buying them. ?

Most likely says Fabric Protection. It might foam some. It should not harm your filter. So you can use it, but finding a different source is a good idea.

OK. Thanks. I always look for added scent, fabric softener, etc. It doesn't list fabric protection specifically, so I should be fine. I did notice the performance of the 6%, before I actually noticed it on the label. Still a good deal. My biggest concern is opening the pool, then running out in a few weeks. I guess we'll see!

Definitely have had no luck with finding bleach anywhere near me. Has anyone used this before from home depot?
I can't find this bleach either or even at other stores. Regular liquid bleach is sold out near me. Was thinking of ordering cal hypo no stabiizer tablets to use temporarily. Really don't want to though.

I can't find this bleach either or even at other stores. Regular liquid bleach is sold out near me. Was thinking of ordering cal hypo no stabiizer tablets to use temporarily. Really don't want to though.

Could also buy Cal Hypo "shock" and just add it if required unless you have a tablet feeder. I bought a bag of 6 HTH off amazon before I got my SWG up and running. IT seemed to dissolve fast

DO NOT put Cal Hypo Tablets in a Trichlor feeder. An explosion can occur.

Cal Hypo tablets need a special dispenser. Also the binder in them can leave a goopy mess.

As Mark states, you are better off using Cal Hypo granules if you must and add daily as you would liquid chlorine.

I use the HD bleach as well. 8.98 a box if you buy 4, which is about a months supply in the summer months. 40 bucks a month in chemicals is a steal for taking care of a pool. Try to find a store that keeps in inside, as heat degreades it. Also pay attention to the bottling date.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.