New England
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I know we are still in this summer but I'm already daydreaming about what I'll add to my pool situation for the next. Do you guys have any special plans? My pool was completed at the end of June but I'm still waiting on a backordered component of the SWG. Can't wait to switch to SWG and that most likely that won't happen until 2022. I also still have to commit to how I want to hide the equipment pad (shrubs with shallow root system vs privacy fence), fix the lawn in some areas, and buy more furniture. The furniture list is long: new large table/chairs for deck, small round table/chairs in pool area, and outdoor couch. Long term dreams include outdoor shower and fire pit.

Sorry you have not received any responses. Let's give your thread a bump on this Sunday morning to see if some responses are out there.

Reactions: B.lu
I have been wanting an outside couch but me and the boss lady can't agree. I found one at home depot I liked but she didn't. She found one at a store she kind of liked but cost more then a car :)
Bottom line 6 years later and still no couch.
Costco has some nice ones IMHO but she wants to sit on them before buying

We’re redesigning our outdoor kitchen area that will result in new furniture, too. Signed the contract back in May, but still no build activity, which is ok since we were told August at the earliest. Given our weather, we’ll get to enjoy it during the fall, winter and spring, but I’m really looking forward to enjoying our first summer with it since we’ll finally have a cover over the kitchen area.

Reactions: B.lu
She found one at a store she kind of liked but cost more then a car
I’ve never been able to come to grips with the price of outdoor furniture. Most of it is built with extruded aluminum and either cushions or mesh slings, but costs as much as much better constructed indoor furniture!I usually shop the clearance stuff around September timeframe, but it’s harder to find what you want.

Reactions: markayash
I’ve never been able to come to grips with the price of outdoor furniture. Most of it is built with extruded aluminum and either cushions or mesh slings, but costs as much as much better constructed indoor furniture!I usually shop the clearance stuff around September timeframe, but it’s harder to find what you want.
That's what I'm hoping to do this September too! Hopefully find some deals. I don't mind having things live in the garage in boxes for awhile

All I can add to this is remember- Come off season you either want to store the pillows or cover it all. Do you have a place??
I don't even have my pool yet and agree on the cover. If you are storing anything outside breathable covers are great. If they don't breath and provide airflow then you are better without. I handed my wife a pretty great "chip" to play as I made an $800 error on custom covers as I took the measurements from the product website and that was with the chaise's lying down even though the picture was with the back upright, now we have ridiculously baggy expensive covers that just don't look right. Bit the bullet and bought cheap ones. She will play that chip for a long time. I want to punch myself for that one, they are really really nice covers.

My big plan is to figure out some type of pull down shade for the pavilion we are having built. To do 4 sides is expensive like everything else so trying to figure out what is best, U/V type screen, sunbrella type fabric, etc. Also will buy a dunnrite basketball hoop too. I'm way ahead of myself as we don't even have the pool competed yet.

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't even have my pool yet and agree on the cover. If you are storing anything outside breathable covers are great. If they don't breath and provide airflow then you are better without. I handed my wife a pretty great "chip" to play as I made an $800 error on custom covers as I took the measurements from the product website and that was with the chaise's lying down even though the picture was with the back upright, now we have ridiculously baggy expensive covers that just don't look right. Bit the bullet and bought cheap ones. She will play that chip for a long time. I want to punch myself for that one, they are really really nice covers.

My big plan is to figure out some type of pull down shade for the pavilion we are having built. To do 4 sides is expensive like everything else so trying to figure out what is best, U/V type screen, sunbrella type fabric, etc. Also will buy a dunnrite basketball hoop too. I'm way ahead of myself as we don't even have the pool competed yet.
Very good to know about breathable covers. My plan is to keep as much outside as possible with covers. I love how heavy the polywood stuff is too. We've had a couple of heavy rains with wind and my loungers haven't moved an inch. I have a nearly empty shed that I could put non-fabric items in.

Does the dunnrite hoop get installed into the ground or have a base? My husband would love one

Very good to know about breathable covers. My plan is to keep as much outside as possible with covers. I love how heavy the polywood stuff is too. We've had a couple of heavy rains with wind and my loungers haven't moved an inch. I have a nearly empty shed that I could put non-fabric items in.

Does the dunnrite hoop get installed into the ground or have a base? My husband would love one
I believe they have both kinds. My friends have the weighted base ones and swear by them. I have seen a few people go with the newer clear backboard versions that you install into the deck. Users preference I guess, but that brand seems to be the go to brand.

I know we are still in this summer but I'm already daydreaming about what I'll add to my pool situation for the next. Do you guys have any special plans? My pool was completed at the end of June but I'm still waiting on a backordered component of the SWG. Can't wait to switch to SWG and that most likely that won't happen until 2022. I also still have to commit to how I want to hide the equipment pad (shrubs with shallow root system vs privacy fence), fix the lawn in some areas, and buy more furniture. The furniture list is long: new large table/chairs for deck, small round table/chairs in pool area, and outdoor couch. Long term dreams include outdoor shower and fire pit.
Hi. I'm looking to add an overhang for my patio. My yard gets a ton of sun which is great for the pool but tough on those not swimming. We bought a pergola with a shade from Lowes 2 years ago and it's helped a lot. With an overhang attached to the house we'd have a ton of shade. The outdoor couch sounds like a great idea.

All I can add to this is remember- Come off season you either want to store the pillows or cover it all. Do you have a place??
I actually store stuff during the summer. I only put the chair cushions on when we are having people over. I just don’t want them getting ruined in the sun. We also put our umbrellas away after we are done. The AZ sun is brutal and so are the monsoons. I’ve seen way too many blown into other yards and damaged from the sun. It’s worth the bit of hassle to not have to replace them often.

We have a Dunnrite hoop with a base. It’s a good hoop but we have some issues with it. It came with the glass not glued to the frame in places. We used some CA glue to fix it. Our hoop frame and base are white The pole holding it up from the base has a plastic cover on it and it has turned yellow at the seam. I’m guessing it’s the glue they used. It doesn’t look very good. I loved the look of the glass backboard but it gets water spotted so bad. The ball that came with it wouldn’t hold air. I contacted them and they sent a new ball that has worked fine since. So good customer service. The ball is aqua and white and it has turned yellow. We keep it out of the sun unless it’s being used. We just got it for Memorial Day. I would think it should look good longer than a month, which is when we noticed the color changes.

My Dunnrite ball was yellowing after a week. I think it is the chlorine that does that. A place I worked in college had white epoxy coated floors. We mopped with bleach all the time. The edges of the floors were yellowed from what I assume was the chlorine. I am a mechanical engineer, not a chemical, so that's my guess.

--Jeff

Reactions: Nikilyn
I actually store stuff during the summer. I only put the chair cushions on when we are having people over. I just don’t want them getting ruined in the sun. We also put our umbrellas away after we are done. The AZ sun is brutal and so are the monsoons. I’ve seen way too many blown into other yards and damaged from the sun. It’s worth the bit of hassle to not have to replace them often.

We have a Dunnrite hoop with a base. It’s a good hoop but we have some issues with it. It came with the glass not glued to the frame in places. We used some CA glue to fix it. Our hoop frame and base are white The pole holding it up from the base has a plastic cover on it and it has turned yellow at the seam. I’m guessing it’s the glue they used. It doesn’t look very good. I loved the look of the glass backboard but it gets water spotted so bad. The ball that came with it wouldn’t hold air. I contacted them and they sent a new ball that has worked fine since. So good customer service. The ball is aqua and white and it has turned yellow. We keep it out of the sun unless it’s being used. We just got it for Memorial Day. I would think it should look good longer than a month, which is when we noticed the color changes.
We have a Dunnrite splash and shoot. We store it under the deck in the winter and it’s always pretty discolored when we take it out. I spray a 50-50 mix of bleach on it when we set it up and let it sit about 20 minutes and then hose it down. It always looks brand new afterwards.

2020-2021 was our build year, so alot of one-time expenses. Next year we'll work toward fulfilling our vision around the pool. Top of my list is to add a gazebo/outdoor living space similar to the one below.

DSC_1041.jpg

I plan on getting started early spring so it's all set up by the time we start swimming. It's going to sit on the deck off the shallow end of the pool. Also plan on mounting a projector and hanging a dual-sided projector screen on the leading edge of the gazebo so we have the option to either view from inside the gazebo or rear project and watch from the pool.

20210605_202823.jpg20210703_191907.jpg

Reactions: Lanzz and jark87
2020-2021 was our build year, so alot of one-time expenses. Next year we'll work toward fulfilling our vision around the pool. Top of my list is to add a gazebo/outdoor living space similar to the one below.

View attachment 370162

I plan on getting started early spring so it's all set up by the time we start swimming. It's going to sit on the deck off the shallow end of the pool. Also plan on mounting a projector and hanging a dual-sided projector screen on the leading edge of the gazebo so we have the option to either view from inside the gazebo or rear project and watch from the pool.

View attachment 370164View attachment 370163
Your spot is going to be an absolute paradise with the gazebo and projector. I definitely understand with this season's expenses being the big ticket items. I still have to pay for the pool cover for this fall but otherwise am thrilled to have the less fun things paid for. As for the SWG control panel, the PB said it is 'supposed' to come in sometime this fall. Something to look forward to next Spring I guess

Reactions: Dave1096

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.