Next Summer Upgrades!

We are still finishing our pool build. Our winter list to get ready for spring is long! Here's our top 5.
1) Install synthetic turf
2) Build custom pergola 16' x 8' using the 6x6 LINX pergola system
3) Seal concrete deck
4) Outdoor Shower
5) Landscape and landscape lighting

Last edited:
Reactions: B.lu
Got a yardistry gazebo:

Got this couch with propane firepit that fits under the gazebo. It's amazing for the money, I couldn't find anything this nice for near the price. I did have to stalk in on Sams for a few months to come back in stock. (Member's Mark Athena 7-Piece Sectional with Firepit - Cast Ash)

Got 4 of these chairs and a deck box. I do love that these chairs have wheels.

I think we're good for now!

Both items from Costco we got onsale, which was nice. It'd be even cheaper once it comes back in stock in the actual store, but that was in May of last year and I didn't want to wait.

For now running an extension cord to the gazebo but soon I'll run dedicated electrical, strings lights and possibly add a ceiling fan, although not sure how badly I'll need it. I added rain gutters to the gazebo to keep things nice and dry.

Reactions: Oona
After a bit of a contract dispute put our project on hold over the holidays, we’re inching closer to completion. Just need to install tongue-in-groove cedar ceiling, paint steel, install privacy slats, install granite and drop in the grills! I discovered that the masons used a piece of styrofoam to hold up the enclosed cabinet, so they have to come back and do that correctly with stone. Glad I caught it before the granite went on. It will be noted in my review.

1643810464691.jpeg
1643810506095.jpeg
Finishing touch will be the new furniture.

We just got 3 of the Signature Ledge Loungers (they got here 3 days after we ordered-really fast), picked up this towel valet from Walmart and I have about 8 of these solar tiki torches-I already have some in our front yard so I purchased 2 more sets a month ago.

Attachments

• 85A3A206-5296-4B50-9F8F-D74723A15B29.jpeg
    85A3A206-5296-4B50-9F8F-D74723A15B29.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 330A004F-179E-4F00-A5DD-F6F92AB23BDE.jpeg
    330A004F-179E-4F00-A5DD-F6F92AB23BDE.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 897C8694-4D2A-4E14-B692-87A5A80C253A.jpeg
    897C8694-4D2A-4E14-B692-87A5A80C253A.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: B.lu and brimorga
After a bit of a contract dispute put our project on hold over the holidays, we’re inching closer to completion. Just need to install tongue-in-groove cedar ceiling, paint steel, install privacy slats, install granite and drop in the grills! I discovered that the masons used a piece of styrofoam to hold up the enclosed cabinet, so they have to come back and do that correctly with stone. Glad I caught it before the granite went on. It will be noted in my review.

View attachment 389525
View attachment 389526
Finishing touch will be the new furniture.
Your kitchen is looking so nice .. what type of stone/ledgestone is on kitchen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks very nice. The first picture for a second I thought was of a dog bed that people have that keeps the dogs off the hard ground. HA!!

Reactions: joeprunc
You are so ready for upcoming swim season! It looks great!

Edit: We had some landscaping work done in Nov and then I decided to wait until spring to finish up (more plant options available) and the prices have just gone up vs the quotes previous so I wish I had just gotten the work done late last year. That being said your backyard is motivating me to finish and have a trouble free summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeprunc
You are so ready for upcoming swim season! It looks great!

Edit: We had some landscaping work done in Nov and then I decided to wait until spring to finish up (more plant options available) and the prices have just gone up vs the quotes previous so I wish I had just gotten the work done late last year. That being said your backyard is motivating me to finish and have a trouble free summer.
Yes we are, I've been bugging my wife to pick out trees/shrubs/flowers for the surrounding areas so I can install the rest of the irrigation and landscape lights....I think we have missed that window too.

Reactions: Cena_sea
Yes we are, I've been bugging my wife to pick out trees/shrubs/flowers for the surrounding areas so I can install the rest of the irrigation and landscape lights....I think we have missed that window too.
I picked out all my plants last year (they just weren't available) but now I'm reconsidering it all. We are working with a landscaper adviser and I think I mentioned he said he finally understood my theme (and he told me my theme which I wish I had known that theme prior to the pool build--ha). He also told me basically I need nothing--that we need spaces of nothing in our backyard. But I've had a few months of nothing here and there and it's not working for me.

We did irrigation and lighting prior to any landscaping. The lighting was a great thing. The irrigation is a bit of an issue as I made changes.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.