Newly re-balanced water, where to go from here

@mknauss et all: thank you for all the help. For the first time I have all my pool chemistry in line and pool functioning well. After a week of SLAM, leveling my chemistry and adding boric acid, my downward chlorine drift is much slower and water looks beautiful. Strangely, the recent torrential rains that overtopped the pool twice in one day, helped. It brought down my CYA, CH and borate levels too low, but it also brought down my pesky high TA to normal range. Thus, once I added the right amount of calcium chloride, cyanuric acid and boric acid, it all came together. Other than adding some more DE to the sand filter and some brushing and vacuum, I can enjoy, and take the nominal daily maintenance forward. I'll post a few pics soon. Thanks again!

Attachments

• tfp screen.PNG
    tfp screen.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: mknauss
After a week of SLAM, leveling my chemistry and adding boric acid, my downward chlorine drift is much slower and water looks beautiful
Hey geh !!! So glad it’s going well now. While I’d rather not wish it on anyone, my favorite part of a SLAM is the crash course it gives the pool owner. In a short matter of a week or two it makes the OP their own pro at how their pool responds and it sinks in soooooo much faster when they are testing/doing.

It also greatly helps them going forward to stay clear, So enjoy that trouble free pool !!!

We’ll be here if anything else arises, or if you’d like to help too with some of your new found expertise. :)

Reactions: geh
So since no question is too stupid, here goes: Now that my water is perfectly balanced, I've added D.E. to my sand filter twice, my borate level is up to 50ppm, the skimmer socks have been catching a lot of fine pollen-like material and my pool robot has been doing its thing like clockwork, my pool water seems less blue. It looks gorgeous, and seems more clear, like a glass of water, so my white plaster looks more like white than blue, as seen through the water. Could that be, or is it my imagination or the high noon sun? And if so, is there any one thing that might make pool water look more bluish than crystacl clear?

It’s most likely the seasonal sky. Really early and really late season when the temps are in the 50s is when we get the obnoxiously blue skies which reflect in the pool. You’re probably closer to the hazy/hot/humid grayer skies right now.

It’s most likely the seasonal sky. Really early and really late season when the temps are in the 50s is when we get the obnoxiously blue skies which reflect in the pool. You’re probably closer to the hazy/hot/humid grayer skies right now.
Actually, right now a cold front moved through, crazy strong winds from the NW, clear and dry skies at the moment, but maybe a combination of that and high noon sun, if its not a water clarity thing.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.