Newly installed pump and filter... leaks

You can't be afraid of telling a contractor that you are not satisfied with the results, especially when the work is done this poorly.

It seems like some Builders feel like they can do subpar work and no one will say anything.

The builder in the below story thought that they would be able to do poor quality or incomplete work and no one would say anything.

It's not that I'm afraid to tell him I want it re-done, but I'm not really sure that I'd want him to work on it again.
I think I need to find a local person, get a quote for them to fix it and then tell the original guy I want a refund for that amount.
Only thing is I need to find someone local that I can trust to do quality work. Not sure how to go about finding that person.

Reactions: JamesW
You need to absolutely have him or someone else redo it with proper hi-temp unions. Why is the filter’s drain plug leaking too?? Was it removed at some point during the install? What for?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.