T,

Assuming will often get you in trouble, but in this case, it sounds like the best option to me.

Draining would solve both your CYA and CH issues.

While the pool may "look" good, with a CYA of 100 you have almost zero usable sanitizer.

In my mind now is the time to do it, before summers gets here.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: This is one of those scenarios where knowing your pool info and location would help tremendously as your signature and profile are blank. Knowing those two items can dictate how much water to exchange safely, not to mention expectation with the new (local) water.

I have a
Plaster
~15k gallon
Welcome to TFP! :wave: This is one of those scenarios where knowing your pool info and location would help tremendously as your signature and profile are blank. Knowing those two items can dictate how much water to exchange safely, not to mention expectation with the new (local) water.

Signature is updated

Reactions: Texas Splash
Appreciate the updates. :goodjob: It's been fairly dry in S.A. our area, but if you suspect saturated soil you might only drain about 60 - 70% at once to be safe to prevent shell shifting or pop-out. Local water is a bit hard, so the CH will be what it is once full. But after that, take advantage of any heavy rains in the forecast. As your CH approaches the 600+ mark, it's even more critical to monitor the pH and keep it a little lower in the summer to effectively manage your "CSI" which in our PoolMath APP determines the propensity for a pool to develop scale. But if you have any questions after refill, be sure to let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.