Newbie, TF-100 kit compared to pool store readings

OH ok I gotcha on the math here, but I'm confused how I was supposed to enter it on the app. It looked self explanatory but apparently I did it wrong cause it only told me add 19 ounces! I really want to try and understand this. Where are you getting that 38 ounces of 7.5 equals 1ppm???

Look at the picture of the web version of PoolMath I posted. I played with the numbers and told it you have 0 ppm of FC, but that you wanted 1ppm of FC.

I like to tell folks exactly how much of their chlorine (the 7.5% you have) will give them ONE ppm. It will always be 1ppm of 7.5% = 38 ounces.

So someday you say to yourself "I need to increase my FC 3ppm.... I know that 38 ounces is 1ppm, so I'll just multiply it quickly in my head x 3ppm". You see? Faster than using the PoolMath as long as you're using the same product.

Reactions: Bethany1983
OK, lastly, in my settings where it asks "24 Hour SWG Chlorine Output" I thought I had a TCell as shown in their dropdown to choose from, BUT, now I go look outside and the meter says AquaRite 900, and the cell says TurboCell TCELL925 (see 3 pictures attached). How do I enter this correctly on the app settings?

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpeg
    IMG_2050.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3779.jpeg
    IMG_3779.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2049.jpeg
    IMG_2049.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 10
That is a T9

You will need to run it at close to 100% 24 hours per day to create the chlorine you need in your pool volume. It is too small for your pool.

Reactions: Katelyn
That is a T9

You will need to run it at close to 100% 24 hours per day to create the chlorine you need in your pool volume. It is too small for your pool.
oh lovely. Well I won't run my pump 24/7 so I got to figure something else out. My pool is 18x44' and 3.5 - 6.5 feet deep but it has a ledge across the entire entry steps which is 8'x18' (this is included in the 18x44'), so that will minus some gallons when calculating

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Manage the pool water chemistry. The SWCG at 100% for as long as you can run the pump and then supplement with liquid chlorine as necessary.

You might want to look at the specification on your contract from when you had the pool built and see what SWCG they had specified. They may have given you the wrong one. It a larger one is specified in your build then they should make it right.

You might want to look at the specification on your contract from when you had the pool built and see what SWCG they had specified. They may have given you the wrong one. It a larger one is specified in your build then they should make it right.
They didn't specify specific things in the contract but I trusted them to choose the right one because I didn't know any better at the time. I'm pretty confident in everything else though. They were great.

I know in Mississippi, there is a warranty of merchantability that applies to purchases that basically says the item must be able to provide the service or function that it is intended for. After contacting the builder to see if they will swap it out for an appropriately sized unit, it might be worth a call to your states consumer protection agency or attorney generals office.

2010 Georgia Code. TITLE 11 - COMMERCIAL CODE. ... (1) Unless excluded or modified (Code Section 11-2-316), a warranty that the goods shall be merchantable is implied in a contract for their sale if the seller is a merchant with respect to goods of that kind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.