Newbie replumb help/suggestions

Viperscorpio

May 25, 2019
Arizona
So I've decided to get an swg, but will have to replumb this section to go vertical (or would it be ok to go off to the left? Would I have to have any support under it if I did shoot about 18" to the left?) There problem is, there's not really a good place to cut for me to simply put a 90 bend in to go up on the valve side. Some options I've found are as follows. Which would the experts here recommend as the best solution?

Option 1: cut at the valve, and put a 2.5" on the valve and reduce back down to 2".

Option 2: carefully cut/pry the 45° bend off the 2" pipe, by cutting it on each side, and then chiselling away at it.

Option 3: try to remove the existing 2" from the valve, by using a heat gun.

I'd like to limit the scope of work to the pipe between the filter and valve, and bit mess with having to replace the valve. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Note: it's about 13" from the filter to the valve, and about 5" offset left/right.

Edit: not too concerned on the filter side, as there's enough pipe for me to cut and attach a 90.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_165143.jpg
    IMG_20200626_165143.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 11
You can try option 2 and fallback to option 1 if it does not work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.