Newbie questions - thanks in advance!

michelegel

Bronze Supporter
Sep 9, 2015
Mamaroneck, NY
Hi All, I know some of these questions have been asked before, but I've got a bunch:

we bought a (bestway) 18' x 9' x 48" pool f for our back patio area and have a bunch of setup questions:

-we have a really amazingly level flagstone patio, set in the dirt, so there are cracks between the stones. Is there any way around moving the stone? (I know, just remove the stone already :)

- we upgraded our filter:
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 12-inch, 110-120V with GFCI -- Pump flow Rate: 12100 GPH. System flow Rate: 1, 600 GPH
is that powerful enough? do we need to get an adapter fitting?

- the area where the pool is going to be is shady - will a solar heater help? don't want to spring for a gas one... yet.

- ground cover is gorilla mat over 3/8" THICK MULTIPURPOSE MATS . is that enough? should we switch to the pink hard foam?
do we need a sand layer over our soil? Do we need pavers under the posts (they are U shaped, not posts.

Grateful for all advice!

Michele

You will definitely need pavers under those legs but you can not use the standard 1"×12"×12" pavers. You'll need at the minimum a 2"thick paver. The weight of those U shaped legs when full of water have busted 1" thick pavers like twigs.

Reactions: michelegel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.