Upgrading Bestway Pool Pump

sophiepeach

Nov 12, 2022
West Palm Beach, FL
We have a Bestway Power Steel 18' x 9' x 48" Oval above ground pool (see link to pool if needed). It's 1500 Gallons and has a 1,500 GPH filter pump. We got the whole thing for free as part of a promotion and used it a for a month before winter. Now we are getting it ready for summer and I feel like we'll need a better pump to get through the summer (in Florida). I am totally overwhelmed by all the technical specs and options. I am interested in converting to salt water, but read that you can't use it with steel frames, but I'm not sure if that's true. Please help, I'm clueless!

We have a Bestway Power Steel 18' x 9' x 48" Oval above ground pool (see link to pool if needed). It's 1500 Gallons and has a 1,500 GPH filter pump. We got the whole thing for free as part of a promotion and used it a for a month before winter. Now we are getting it ready for summer and I feel like we'll need a better pump to get through the summer (in Florida). I am totally overwhelmed by all the technical specs and options. I am interested in converting to salt water, but read that you can't use it with steel frames, but I'm not sure if that's true. Please help, I'm clueless!

Don't be shocked that the cost of a decent above-ground pump/filter combo (skid pack) can be as much as that pool alone. Here is an example of what would work for you (50 sq. ft.):

Reactions: Newdude

I hope this helps I’ve been eyeing it myself. Intex sandfilter pump with salt water system from Walmart I will add photos and a link is $314.00!! The one weaker is more money! It says 2150 gallon per hour but it’s Actualy the 2650 gallon per hour pump 16” sandfilter and salt system. This is sold and ship by Walmart and can’t find a better deal. The only pump higher is 3000 gallon per hour and they are sold out and doesn’t have salt water system. AGAIN IS 2650 GPH read description. $314.00! I hope this helps if you haven’t found anything. Just be sure to protect things as salt damages bad. I use T-9 spray on my pool frames get from Amazon it creates a waxy like waterproof corrosion protection.

Intex 2,150 GPH 16" Krystal Clear Saltwater System and Sand Filter Pump
Intex 2,150 GPH 16" Krystal Clear Saltwater System and Sand Filter Pump - Walmart.com

Attachments

• IMG_5304.png
    IMG_5304.png
    256.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5301.png
    IMG_5301.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5303.png
    IMG_5303.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 0
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.