Newbie here! Hi, and help!

Dawgnme

Aug 13, 2022
Houston, TX
Hello, all! Man, I'm so glad I found this forum! We're starting this pool journey, have weighed all the options and consulted friends with different types of pools - it looks like a fiberglass install is going to be the best option for us. I've searched this forum but couldn't find a topic similar to this (if there is a conversation already started or a fiberglass-specific sub-thread, please direct me to it), so here goes:

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Chinese-made pools? Before you kill me over buying American, I get it, but please don't. Not to be adversarial right off the bat and apologies if it sounds like I'm coming across wrong... I'm really super chill, but I'm just looking for involvement with - not opinions of.

Thanks up front, everybody!

I have not seen any builds around here using a fiberglass pool from China. All the major US fiberglass pool companies make their pools in the US from what I have seen. Also curious, do you have a specific brand or link to the pool?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Curious to see if others know, but I've not heard about a FG pool market in our areas from overseas. It would seem like a hefty import fee. Any particular reason you were asking? Manufacturing process or something?
Thanks for the reply, Texas Splash, and for the welcome! It's a value issue for me. As I've researched the marketplace, up to 70% of the cost to install a fiberglass pool is tied up in the pool itself. I was also surprised to learn that a number of our domestic manufacturers are sourcing the majority of materiel from overseas and simply molding the units stateside. Buying direct from China can save upwards of 60%, making the shipping and delivery fees negligible. I've got an import/export contact over there that will vet a few manufacturers, but before I secure his services I just wanted to poll the community to see if anyone had any experience.

I have not seen any builds around here using a fiberglass pool from China. All the major US fiberglass pool companies make their pools in the US from what I have seen. Also curious, do you have a specific brand or link to the pool?
About to start the vetting process, gingrbredman. As I mentioned to Texas Splash, I've got an expat friend over there in import/export and deals with their manufacturing facilities every day. As I've been researching the market, a number of domestic "manufacturers" are buying their raw materials from China and just moulding the units here. American made is too often just American assembled. Was just soliciting any experiences anyone may have had using a foreign unit. Thanks for the reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.