Newbie from tx

Feb 22, 2017
Katy/texas
Hello tfp! We are about 2-3 weeks away from having our pool finished, and I am very excited to take care of our pool using the tfp method. I've already received my tf-100 test kit and speedstirrer. I was reading the instructions and am confused on when I'm supposed to use the speedstirrer. I know checking the fc and ph is a daily test but do I use only what's in the blue box or do I transfer to speedstirrer? I'm sure I will have a many more questions in the future, new to pools and testing. TIA

Thank you woodyp! Ok just tried testing my fill water to practice, am so confused. First I used that test block in the blue kit. I know you said it's only for ph but tested both sides for fun. I think I could see the match for the ph side but the chlorine side looked yellow putting the 5 drops of r-0600 How can there be chlorine in there? We were so confused. So we moved on to chlorine drop test. We put the scoop of powder in and turned on the speedstirrer, first it doesn't look pink but then it looks pink now after 5 minutes. Is this right?
So which chlorine am I supposed to be doing daily? The powder one or the 5 drops of r-0600. Ugh I'm so bad at this, help.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.