Newbie and a leaking hot tub

May 28, 2012
Super new to this, we just got a used hot tub. Told it had a slow leak but it leaks like crazy. I pinpointed the leak but it is hard to get to. Hopefully y’all can help point me in the direction I need to go.

It is a Thermospa Townhouse DLX

It is leaking at what I think is the water pump volute. I am trying to attach photos but can’t! Any advice?

Edited to add, attached photos, hopefully you can see them.

Thanks so very much for any and all advice and support.

04fcc7345f8649e66c8925dcbcd9db19.heic

Fingers are where the leak is.
0e008025998d956db79d11bc7a3c46c9.heic

This is in front of it.
c74de9c7a9d7222aed9f26fe605b71aa.heic

From the owners manual
d3bf57f2284f00cf9f5df8e87f090600.heic

Check to make sure the pump unions are tight. If so then you will need to check the o-rings at the two unions and the drain plug. Best case scenario this solves the problem.
Does the pump motor make any bearing noise?
The motor shaft/pump seal can go bad and this can cause leaking also. The seals can be replaced but the unit has to be removed first and working in the confined space is frustrating if you have not done it before.
The entire pump and motor is also replaceable I have had good luck with this company for replacement parts ... Hot Tub Spa Main Pumps | SpaDepot.com

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.