New VRXiQ+ Polaris pool robot - initial impressions

SouthVirginiaPool

Silver Supporter
Apr 26, 2020
Chesapeake, Virginia
After reading many reviews I purchased the Polaris VRXiQ+. I have used it twice and am happy with it.
Unboxing - it was easy to put together the caddy, it basically snapped together - glad to have it.
App - I have strong internet by the pool thanks to my EERO mesh router. It was easy to register the app and it paired with the control unit on the first try using bluetooth. I have not setup scheduling yet, but you do not need the app to run the robot. You can drive the robot with the app - it takes a little getting used to.
Pool cleaning - The cycle was 2.5 hours and the pool is 98% clean. Just a little sand from the pavers in the corners. It crawled up the wall easily, it did get onto the tanning ledge, and it scrubbed the waterline. The cord has a swivel and I did not have any issues with the cord tangling. The robot did not get stuck on the main drains. Retrieval was simple - you push a button and it crawls up the side of the pool for you to easily lift out from the waterline. I have the stock filter basket that does a great job of catching the paver sand that eventually makes its way into the pool.
I did purchase from Leslie's as they do repairs in their local shop. I did not want the hassle of mailing a robot back and forth. I do NOT use Leslie's for water testing. IMG_0846.JPGIMG_0847.JPGIMG_0849.PNGIMG_0850.JPGIMG_0852.JPGIMG_0853.JPG

Reactions: mickey4paws
Retrieval was simple - you push a button and it crawls up the side of the pool for you to easily lift out from the waterline.

Congrats on your new cleaner and your pool and deck are beautiful.

I recently got the Polaris F9550 Sport, a more basic model, but it does have that lift feature too which is great. I really like how it comes up the wall all on its own after you push the lift button and hold it until it's facing the wall you want, then let go of the button and it crawls up the wall and empties the water. Compared to my old cleaner that was a bottom loader with a cloth bag, it's so much easier.

Enjoy your new cleaner!

Reactions: SouthVirginiaPool
Thanks for your detailed review, and lovely pics. We are putting in an L shaped pool also, with large tanning shelf and spa on one leg of the L. It surrounds my covered outdoor patio. I am going to purchase the VRXiQ+ from Leslies, as they have service (just in case) I understand. The pool will be complete next week, and I am excited to begin doing pool maintenance myself! Happy to hear that the tanning shelf has a chance of being cleaned by the robot-most that i have read about do not. Looking forward to using this forum and following this thread as I progress. Enjoy the last days of summer in your pool!

So got the VRXiQ+ from Leslies and dropped it in. Pretty easy to get it online and it seems to be doing its thing in start-up mode. Since I have an L shaped Pool, and one half of the L is basically Baja shelf, does anyone have any tips on getting the robot to recognize the shelf section of my pool? It’s 10” of water there, so after it climbs the steps, it should just map it like the rest of the pool, but so far it’s only stayed in the deeper end. Climbed the stairs a few times, but then turned around..... hmm....

Called Polaris re: the cleaning of the Baja reef. The guy confirmed that it will work in my 10” Baja, but could not answer why it will not add it to the main mapping of the pool. Apparently it only maps from the bottom of the pool, and cannot see the shallower side of my L. The Polaris rep said he had some video Links to send me, but they were just the same instructional ones i had already seen. I guess the memory will hold only one map? If it could hold 2, i could add my Baja as a second map. Haven’t been able to figure this out yet. If driven in manual mode, i can get the robot to go up all 3 steps into the Baja. But then i have to drive it around the Baja manually, which is a hassle - especially when it falls back off the steps. LOL Manual navigation might be ok for a particularly dirty spot you want to get, but its not helpful for cleaning larger areas. In my main deeper section of the L, the robot does a great job though. Also dropped it in my spa, and it does clean the very bottom and will randomly climb up to the seats. Again, a second mapping option would be helpful? Hopefully this info will be helpful to someone considering this expensive Polaris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.