NEW Vinyl Liner too slippery to walk on

Marvelous Marvin

Aug 12, 2020
Middle Tennessee
We just completed construction of an inground pool with a new LoopLoc vinyl liner. Decided to go with salt water experience. Now I am experiencing problem with liner floor being too slippery. Never experienced this with our previous above ground pool. Chemicals balanced..no algae. Suggestions on how to improve surface traction without voiding liner warranty? I'm now sitting out the season with a broken leg, a plate and 10 screws.
Recommendations?

Attachments

• 20200806_091445.jpg
    20200806_091445.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 28
Eek. Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the leg. Usually when Vinyl gets slippery it’s overdue for a brushing. If you keep up on it, it stays so clean it it’s almost sticky. Algae growing on things protects itself with a biofilm. That’s probably what you are feeling. The water may be ok or it just may not be visible algae yet. Keep close tabs on your FC levels based on the CYA chart until you prove otherwise. Got any helpers you can deputize as brushers ?

Also, how are you vacuuming (if you don’t have a robot) ? I use the triangle head that has brushes on it and it kills 2 birds with one stone. I almost never have to brush because of it.

Eek. Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the leg. Usually when Vinyl gets slippery it’s overdue for a brushing. If you keep up on it, it stays so clean it it’s almost sticky. Algae growing on things protects itself with a biofilm. That’s probably what you are feeling. The water may be ok or it just may not be visible algae yet. Keep close tabs on your FC levels based on the CYA chart until you prove otherwise. Got any helpers you can deputize as brushers ?

Also, how are you vacuuming (if you don’t have a robot) ? I use the triangle head that has brushes on it and it kills 2 birds with one stone. I almost never have to brush because of it.
New Dude
Pool package came with Polaris Quattro auto cleaner which I run 3 hours daily. The wife got out and scrubbed with the poolbrush but I'll have her try out the triangle floor vac head. Bristles are a little stiffer. Pool filled and treated the next day by pool team with salt, conditioner and shock. No time for algae yet as pool was filled 1 week ago. The pool builder is still in turn over prep to train us up on equipment/system.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.