New Vinyl Liner Double Roman in the Lehigh Valley, PA Area

Yes, it is sloped. We never thought it was much of a slope, until construction began. Our PB is really old school and doesn't do drawings or 3D visuals. I was a bit taken back by how high the far end needed to come up to be level. When digging, they just built up the far side. Nothing additional in the decking that I was aware of. Everything is graded off now, but we are having a hardscape company in this week for estimate on a retaining wall of some sort for the far end near the deep end stairs. We honestly didn't plan too well with the shed placement (concrete slab on the right in the background) in comparison to the drop off of the grade on that end.

The video in this thread shows it a bit (and before everything else was graded): Landscape Help - a small sloped corner. Boulders? Retaining wall block?

The first victim! Lol. We just got home from a baseball game. He went in up to his waist initially. Then decided he needed the towel to help him stay warm ??

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Nope. We plumbed and wired for one, but didn't get it right away. Of course we are all sorry about that choice now. Especially since it's going to be 90 deg here today! :ROFLMAO:But tomorrow it is going to cool off and stay that way for a while (I welcome fall with open arms).

It was 89 deg here yesterday, but the pool was only 71ish. At least one of the kiddos enjoyed it! And my hubs =) I dove in but felt paralyzed just swimming to the top :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Just tested today. Feeling overwhelmed! SWG is reading 3000. The only day we swam was this past Wed (tanked water filled it Monday). Here are my results. I tried asking what the PB added but haven’t gotten an answer back. pool won’t be closed until end of Oct.

482F498E-FEEA-4757-8D3C-BFD7BDEA83C3.png

Your looking good. TA is high but nothing you should do now with it. You'll be closing soon I presume. TA will come down slowly with MA when your PH rises. Don't see any numbers on the CC. Did you check it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those are some good numbers right there! VERY swimable! Look down in my siggy for recommended levels. That TA is a tad high but that is some that is easy to work and better high than low for this one.

Here is the link for lowering TA: Lower Total Alkalinity - Trouble Free Pool

Now go jump in that pool!!! :hug:

Kim:kim: (how neat is that! Your pool is being "featured" today!)

• Love
Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Thanks! Took a breathe, opened up my laptop and started going through all the pool school links. Had a momentary ‘Crud why is this high and that low?’ moment.

No more swimming here - the water is about 64 def and the hot days are gone. But that’s ok - can’t wait for next year!

I have no clue how they were delivered - we weren't home. The landscaper arrived this moring at 7:15 just as the boys and I were leaving. We got to watch the backhoe and excavator be unloaded from the trailer (such excitement for the 3 yr old!) I can't wait to see the progress when I get home. Apparently they deliver 20-30% more boulders than needed so they have an assortment to choose from for the right fit.

@|1|tara|1| I just read through your whole build also and it looks amazing!!! You really haven't even had a chance to enjoy it yet! You must be really itching for warm weather! I hope you have a GREAT first full swim season!

Update: the landscape is finally getting there! I wanted to do the flower beds myself, but it's takes forever now that my kiddos are at home with me all day, lol. But yay! It's finally looking (almost) 'done'. The hydroseed company is coming back again as we are not pleased with the results from when they sprayed in the fall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.