New to this process. My husband typically handles this.

Dhickman

Aug 15, 2019
Pike Road, AL
27,500 gallon in-ground vinyl SWG pool
Outside temp currently 74 degrees
Using TF-100 and K-1000

As of this morning:

Cl:>5
Br:>10
pH: 8.0
Salt Water: 3200 ppm
CYA:40
Chlorine:6 ppm
CC:0
TC: 6ppm
TA:110

I am confused about a couple of things.

What do I do with the Brokine reading?
How do I calculate free chlorine?

I realize pH is high and if I read correctly TA is high.

What should I do?

I’m attempting to take this task over from my husband. He typically takes a sample to Leslie’s. I’d prefer to do the calculations on my own. Just have to nail down the basics. Pool water is clear and clean visibly.

Thoughts/Suggestions/Advice?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 330E1CD2-3CD1-4A55-927F-FF5809EDAA5F.jpeg
    330E1CD2-3CD1-4A55-927F-FF5809EDAA5F.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum. Good job on the test kits! Following the instructions for the TF100............the first test will give you the FC. If you go the next step....you are testing for CC (bad). Here...FC + CC = TC total chlorine. Your TA is only high if it's causing your ph to rise too quickly requiring more acid. 80 or so should do it though. Adding muriatic acid will lower your ph and your TA some also. We do recommend 70 to 80 CYA if you have a SWG though to keep from having to work it too hard.

Reactions: Dhickman
Welcome to the forum. Good job on the test kits! Following the instructions for the TF100............the first test will give you the FC. If you go the next step....you are testing for CC (bad). Here...FC + CC = TC total chlorine. Your TA is only high if it's causing your ph to rise too quickly requiring more acid. 80 or so should do it though. Adding muriatic acid will lower your ph and your TA some also. We do recommend 70 to 80 CYA if you have a SWG though to keep from having to work it too hard.
Thanks!

The sulfates in dry acid accumulate in your water and are not good for your SWG. That is why we recommend the use if muriatic acid.

Please out details of your pool in your signature. It helps us give you accurate advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhickman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.