Hendersonville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey folks, Jonathan Clark. My wife and I completed a significant backyard renovation earlier this year. We are still in the throws of construction, but our pool was completed back in March. As is likely the case with yours, there are nuances here and there, but for the most part we are happy with our investment.

Pool is 13,700 lagoon style (3 pod kidney). Tanning ledge with 2 bubblers, 1 skimmer, 3 returns and 4 LED lights. The entire system is Hayward with the exception of the heater which is Jandy.

I’m here to learn more about maintaining my pool. We’ve been using the local pool store with great results, but now we are starting to see a large build of calcium in our salt cell. At first we simply assumed it was due to the new pool startup, but now we are starting to see it most consistently with our Phosphate levels in range according to the pool store testing. It’s worth noting that we just bought our first set of test strips which will be here within the next couple of days. Anyway, starting to wonder about the chems the pool store it having us add. Again, water looks fantastic but salt cell does not like something that is in water or that we are “putting” in the water.

Look forward to learning from the community and hopefully adding some value along the way.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!
Cancel the strips. They are worthless.
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Cancel the strips. They are worthless.
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Will do. Have already been reading about the ABC’s and will order a test kit asap. Looking forward to learning more.

Reactions: Newdude