New to TFP - Introductions

Small pool family

Jul 15, 2020
Prince Frederick,MD
Hi, I am new to TFP and was asked to introduce myself. I am the mom of 2 young boys who love to swim. Up until this summer, they were content to spalsh around in a small blow up pool on our deck. They are getting older and bigger (emphasis on bigger) so we graduated them to a 13' x 3' deep quick set pool. I am new to pool maintenance and after reading a lot and watching some DIY video's on YouTube, I found your sight. Our pool is only 1924 gal so the idea of spending $$$ on chemicals didn't appeal to me. I am using BBB+ (as I found out BBB are not the only chemicals needed). The biggest question I've had is "how much" to add. I found your pool calculator and have started using it this week. I have a question though. I'm not sure what numbers to put in the 2 boxes for each test? When I put in the number I'm getting from my test strip (yes, I know, I need a real test kit). No values come up. I've also tried putting in a range, which gives me values for how much but I'm not sure what numbers to enter as the test strips don't have a range and sometimes, the colors aren't easy to read. I would appreciate some directions for how to use the calculator. I refilled my pool over the weekend and don't want to get too far off course. It's a small pool so I'm hoping maintenance won't be too challenging. Thanks so much. Karla

Welcome to TFP.

You should follow our instructions for...

Get at least the simple test kit discussed in the article.

full