Schaumburg. IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Long time lurker but this site has been invaluable to me. I have a 10300 AGP and this year convinced the wife to go salt water. Ordered a circupool rj-45 and should be here tomorrow. Based on advice I have some unions etc on order too. Even though stuff isn’t here yet trying to balance pool to be ready. I took an initial ready for salinity and it ready 950ppm. Even though the last 4 years I’ve used strictly liquid chlorine is this normal? I was suprised my salt didn’t read 0….

Welcome to TFP!!!

RJ-45 is a great unit...

Yeah, when I installed mine, my salt was 2000. Chlorine additions add salt. Great job test beforehand.

Hi there :). Welcome to TFP!

All the chemicals added to the pool water break down and leave a smidgeon of salt behind. It builds up over time.
Have you picked up some salt yet? Avoid Clorox and Morton's salt products, we've had reports of iron contamination, blech!

Maddie :flower:

• Love
Reactions: PoolStored
Post a full set of current test results from one of the recommended test kits.
Test Kits Compared

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water Temperature

Based on those results, we can point you in the correct direction.

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing pool specific info without the need to ask you each time.

Thanks for all the quick responses. I use a Taylor kit regularly. I appreciate knowing that I am not crazy, it makes sense that all water has some salt in it.

Post a full set of current test results from one of the recommended test kits.

FC - 6.5 - Currently using liquid chlorine i know this is high for SWG
CC - 0
pH - 7.3
TA - 80
CH - 80
CYA - 50
Salt - 950PPM
Water Temperature - 74

Based on those results, we can point you in the correct direction.

Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing pool specific info without the need to ask you each time.

@Splunk101
Those numbers look good.

Don't forget to add the test kit model and the shiny new RJ45+ to your signature as well.

Let us know if you have any questions about the install or install location.

Added the salt last night. Tomorrow I have a buddy coming over to help me do the pvc. Salt currently at 2850 which is what I expected. Have 1 bag left to add. Switched the rj45+ to 120v and think I have all the fittings ready to go. Wish me luck. Will post pics when done. Been reading this forum so much lately and think I am ready.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you use PoolMath there is a SWG choice in the effects of adding function that once you enter pool size, pounds of chlorine rating, pump time and SWG % will calculate FC production for you. It’s really helpful to dial in your FC production and adjust it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.