Dacula, Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm about to start my new pool build. It will be a wet Edge Pebble pool with a swcg. Do I just need the TF 100 kit or do I need the pro salt bundle I don't understand the differences?

F,

Anyone that has a saltwater pool needs the ability to accurately measure the salt level in the pool water.

You can buy the TF-100 plus the Taylor K-1766 salt test kit, or buy the new Pro salt bundle which is the TF-100, plus the salt test reagents, plus the new smart-stir..

I find the smart-stir works better than the original speed-stir and I love the new foam lined "Pro" case..

So I went to the TF-Test kit site and now I am as confused as your are... :scratch:

Let's see what @OTPirate has to say... Does the new Pro salt come with salt reagents or salt test strips???? What do you have to order to get the new Pro kit, smart-stir and the reagent salt tests???

Thanks,

Jim R.

The Pro Salt kit has the full TF100, the SmartStir, and the reagents for the salt test. In a brand new kit design.

Reactions: mguzzy
My 10k gallon pool was finished and I need a test kit as well. Do I need to manually test the salt levels if my iChlor30 reports the salt levels? Also, I've been looking at the Sutro robot. I'm guessing that even if I go with one, I should still have a decent manual test kit as well?

My 10k gallon pool was finished and I need a test kit as well. Do I need to manually test the salt levels if my iChlor30 reports the salt levels? Also, I've been looking at the Sutro robot. I'm guessing that even if I go with one, I should still have a decent manual test kit as well?
Yes you need a salt test kit and you need a proper full test kit. I would suggest the TF100 with K1766 and Smartstir or, for the complete set, the TFPro Salt.

Reactions: Gatorhwk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.