New to pools, pool guy seems to have done nothing for us

justinc

Gold Supporter
Apr 3, 2019
Texas
So nice for you to be transforming that whole backyard area into a nice retreat. You will certainly notice the filter will catch less as there is less to catch like you said. Just keep doing your chlorine thing, clean the filter when necessary, and brush the pool often and vaccum out and remove whatever you can. You're getting there!! Every day moving in the right direction. Great progress !

DoubleEcho

Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
FC was at 12.5 at 7:30. Added another quarter bottle of chlorine for the night, I’m getting better at estimating this stuff. Plus it might rain tonight. Will test in the morning before I head to the gym/work

DoubleEcho

Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
So should I just keep on with the chlorine and running the pump/filter, or is there something that will clear up the cloudiness faster? Filter has been running all day yesterday and this morning was only at 18 PSI. Even when it gets to 20-23 the jets and suction still run great.

I'm sure it's just a matter of patience, but if there's more I can do I'm all ears!

DoubleEcho

Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
Nicole tested the chlorine around 3:30 -
FC 10.5
CC 1
TC 11.5

Holding pretty good, had her add just a little. Here's a pic for today, it's been raining so it may not look as clear as it actually is.

June_10.jpg

DoubleEcho

Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
8:30 test:

FC 14
CC 0.5
TC 14.5

We had added a bit more chlorine since there was calls for heavy rain (and oh did it pour) but now the storm is passed. We’ll be good for the night. In about a half hour I’ll take a pic with the light on

4A6ACF3C-B27C-4748-9B15-764F65D2D781.jpeg

79491FF1-6C33-45BE-A8C0-F2BFEF9C4141.jpeg

Reactions: justinc

DoubleEcho

Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
FC reading at 5:30am was 12, Nicole will add enough to get us to 15 so we don’t lose much in the sunlight. I can’t wait to see what it looks like when I get home!

• Love
Reactions: mariane
Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
Jesusfreak Pool Cleaners 2
M Introduce Yourself 2
A Introduce Yourself 2

Other Threads of Interest