New to Pool Chemistry

Ozzsp250

Sep 30, 2020
Phoenix AZ
I used my new just received TF-100 test kit today and know are trying to use pool math to correct chemical pool imbalance and need advice on using pool math or the app but I'm digitally challenge.

My results:

FC 1.5
CC 0.5
PH 8.5
TA 250
CH 250
CYA 60
Water temp is 74F

My pool/Spa combo is about 17500 gals

but I'm digitally challenge
Bwaahaahaaa! Okay, no worries. Is this a non-salt pool? No algae I hope? Your pH is too high, so use some muriatic acid to lower that right away. Use a target pH of about 7.8, then re-test in about 30 minutes. A few minutes after adding the first dose of acid (mixed well in the water), add some chlorine to increase the FC. You need that FC up to around 6-8 or so. Always compare your FC to your CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Now if you have algae, let us know. That would change some things. The link below is golden and will always help you.

Are you sure about the TA? Seems odd to be that high in your area. I would double check that one with the link below. If you have a new TF-100, wipe the tips of the R-0008 and R-0009 a few times because they can have some static on them influencing the droplet size.

If you want to use pool math to figure out how much to add you first need to input your pool details using the settings gear at the top right. Then you can tap on the individual tiles and input your result and your target and it will tell you how much of what to add. There is also an "Effect of adding" option by clicking on the top left(three horizontal bars) that I have found very useful.

Just taken readings after adding 1 gal muriatic acid and chlorine allowing the pool to run overnight through its normal cycle.

FC 6-7
CC 0
PH 7.9
TA 220
CH 375
CYA 65
Salt 3100
Water temp is 74F

So the TA is still very high, I repeated this test with same result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.