Mansfield, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Upgraded house, upgraded pool. Need to refresh the equipment pad though.

Things I know I am going to add:
  • EasyTouch 8 with ScreenLogic
  • IntelliChlor IC40
  • Intelliflo VS
  • Heater Bypass Plumbing
  • IntelliValves

Here is the current pad setup.

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

I have an additional pump available to me, either the old Sta-Rite Max-E 1.5HP single speed, or a 1 year old SuperFlo 2HP 2 speed pump. Main pump would be the Intelliflo, but would any of these ideas make sense or even be possible with the plumbing setup?

Idea #1 – Run the waterfall off a dedicated pump
Idea #2 – Run spa jets off dedicated pump
Idea #3 - #1 and also run some kind of water feature utilizing the in wall cleaner line (making it a return instead)

My reasoning for these ideas is purely atmosphere, I would like to run the spa and water features at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

A,

First.. Before you go crazy, I suggest that you use the pool for a year and then decide if you want a separate pump for the waterfall. You may find that after the fun wears off that you don't really use it much anymore.

You can't have two pumps sucking from the same source, but you could disconnect the Main Drain line from the normal circulation pump and the connect it to a separate waterfall pump. Obviously, you'd have to disconnect the waterfall line from your returns and plumb it into the new waterfall pump.

I like your equipment plan, but if this were my pool I would be getting rid of that DE filter. What a pain. I have two DE filters at rent house pools and I can hardly wait for them to die, so that I can replace them with a large cartridge filters.

My pools have EasyTouch Systems, IC40 salt cells, and IntelliFlo VS pumps. I love them. That said, if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the new Pentair IntelliCenter automation system.

I see no reason to get the IntelliValves over the standard actuators which are cheaper.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would get the IntelliCenter, if I didn't have a one year old ET at my previous house to swap with this house.

What about converting the in wall cleaner line to a return for a water feature?

Reactions: Jimrahbe
New modern IntelliCenter will not cost much more then ET8 + ScreenLogic.

I second Jim's suggestion of living with your setup for a while.

However I have a DE filter and like it. I would not change it to a cartridge filter. It all depends if you have a good place to dispose of the DE.

What I would do is change the slide valve to an MPV valve. I think there are advantages to having the DRAIN and RECIRCULATE setting of the MPV valve at times.

DE filters make a lot more sense when you live in a location where the pool gets closed. I suspect it makes it much easier to open than a cartridge filter.

That said, we don't close our pool in this area. I could go a whole year between cleanings, but I do it twice a year anyway.

What kind of water feature could you make of the old cleaner line? I'm sure it could be done, but I can't think of any that would look good. What were you thinking of?

How many return lines does the new pool have?? If less than four, I would think about making the cleaner line another return.

Thanks,

Jim R.

6 returns currently. Adding a picture of the pool below. Landscaping is still on the list. The in wall cleaner port is right where the bare spot is on the right. Thinking maybe a fountain, jet, or something. The bare spot is where the previous morons had tampered glass pieces/shards. I vacuumed that out pretty quickly. Looked pretty, but not practical by a pool. I was thinking I might could dig down there to get to the pipe and bring it up outside of the pool to put some type of feature there.
IMG_2737.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.