New to Forum and TFP practices. No more pool store blues for me!

Roeman

Mar 27, 2019
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi All,
After a head scratching year of seeing my pool finish turn from blue to gray when I did everything the pool store told me, I've become a convert to TFP. Thanks to this site, I learned why my pool was getting calcium scale on it as well as sometimes getting algae when everything was done to the pool store recommendation. I just finished a scale treatment, but for the last few months, have been following the advice on this site to make sure I had a handle on balancing it with a test kit first. Below are pictures less than a week apart, one with the gray scale and the other with it burned off. I plan to now keep it this way and will continue to read this site.
Thanks for a great resource!
Sean

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Pperc and kimkats
Looks great! :welcome:

full

Reactions: Roeman
I used the Jack's Magic stain ID kit and it showed their #2 Copper and Scale treatment would be best. I followed that procedure and brushed with a steel brush after a couple days of the product dissolving most of it. It brushed right off, where it never would before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.