New to BBB I have a question.

Ok the pool looks amazing! I can now see every speck of dirt on the bottom of the pool. The overnight test showed a negligible FC loss if any. I have a question about how to get by with this cheapo kit until my good test kit comes in.

FC 5
cc ? this is what my question is about.
pH 7.6
CH cannot test yet
CYA 50

My cheapo kit says it can test for CC. However is says to wait 2-3 minutes and compare the FC to the CC and there should be little to no difference in the numbers. After 2-3 minutes by CC is still a 5.0 with no visible change in the color of the yellow. I am confused on how to interpret the results from this kit I have correctly.

Does this mean my CC is a 5.0 or a 0.0?

The OTO can only be used for TC accurately. However, if you add you drops very quickly and immediately mix the first color you see will be FC since that reacts first, then if you wait a few seconds the CC will also react and the final color will be TC. Again, this is not a reliable method for measuring FC or CC.

In your case the final reading is TC and, in my experience, is fully there within 10-15 seconds.

Since I cannot test for CC accurately I cannot determine if I should continue shocking. My best guess says I am finished but who knows. Come on USPS I need my testing kit. BTW thanks for the help this site is very good and everyone on here are very helpful. The pool looks amazing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.