New test kit and new numbers...few questions

So day before yesterday I did drain just a little (couple inches below skimmer) to try and bring the CYA down a bit. I know it's still high but I just cannot drain anymore..I've done 2 partial drains already. We are in a severe drought and we will get fined if we use water. I'm already worried about seeing my next water bill....
So taking that into consideration, I've let the water circulate, tested last night and tested this morning...here are the results

PH 7.2
FC 22
CC 0
TA 130
CYA 80

I'd like the TA to be lower and that's why last night I lowered PH to 7.2...it was 8.0 yesterday morning. Planning on aerating to help bring TA down. Given that CYA is 80 I plan on keeping FC level around 10. Does this all seem ok? And most importannt to my kids, can they swim yet lol?

Don't adjust the pH with the FC that high. The pH test reads artificially high when the FC is above 10 ppm.

You can work with the CYA being 80 ppm it just requires a little more diligence.

Have you passed the OCLT? If you have then you can swim! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.