New "Swimmer's" Pool in Houston Texas

I would think those LED lights would cover 10-20ft of pool. I'm having build a 42x18 pool and have 2 large LED and 1 mini....
In regards to the price I was getting quotes $600-800 per light...

It’s official - we have a giant hole in the yard. Demolition and excavation started today, and the crew should finish in the morning. As I predicted, the excavator cut our internet cable, so we have the cable company coming out in 2 days to fix it and hopefully bury the cable deeper. Thank goodness for mobile hot spots.

It’s pretty cool to see the shape of what the pool will actually look like.

6E373790-544A-4C76-B41D-1E05D0944F28.jpeg

Let the MUD begin!! NICE and yuck LOL

When they say they are done run out there with your dirty shoes on with plans and tape measure in hand. It is wide, deep, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW will be the time to fix or tweak

Kim:kim:

Yes, we have two dogs who are very sad about not being able to go in the backyard. As in they run to the back door any time I go near it. I'm having to leash them and take them to the front yard every time they need to go out.

Excavation finished yesterday. I measured the dimensions and everything is within spec, +/- 1 inch. Rebar is being installed today and then plumbing tomorrow. So far things are moving quickly, but I know that's going to change.

The pool company gave me a revised schedule that has them finishing in 60 days. Mentally I view it as a 90 day project and anything less will be bonus. Either way it puts me into the beginning of the warm season at completion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi dtkokay,
As you can see in my avi, I have grass up to to coping around most of my pool. My skimmers catch all the clippings. I used to cut it myself with a bagger and hand trimmed the edging. Now i have a landscaping co who also uses a bagger but uses a string trimmer to edge. There are more clippings in my skimmer baskets with the landscaper but i never have debris on the floor of the pool. My pump is running when they cut the grass of course. My .02 is if you like the look, try it out for a season. You can always easily add river rock or something else. Anywhere I have rock on my property it get leaves and other junk stuck in it and it looks crummy after 3 or 4 years.

Also make sure the builder uses Jandy or Hayward valves, not simple ball valves. Others can comment but i think ball valves are used (& fine) for water features.

Well, big stumbling block today. Gunite crew came out today and starting spraying. The crew also checked the pool measurements from the forms to the house, and the pool is CROOKED to the house. The construction manager said the excavation crew put one of the corner measuring stakes in the ground in the wrong place, and that threw everything off.

The excavation company owner is coming out tomorrow to see for himself. Same company also did the rebar. Needless to say this is going to involve a lot of rework and delays. In any event, pool company said everything will be fixed.

In the pictures below, the pool should have been where the red string is located. I told the construction manager they can make the pool wider if that’s easier, and frankly I wouldn’t find the pool being a little larger. Anyone seen a situation like this?

DE36C036-8186-4FE8-8698-A2DAEF1B2E70.jpeg
9D3049BD-C834-4C35-95B1-9ECB3D5FB885.jpeg

I agree with @Flying Tivo It will be WAY more trouble than it is worth. This kind of thing happens often and is really not that big of a deal. Now what you can do is throw a fit and ask how they are going to make your happy. The PB may step in and say "We will take $??? off since we messed up".

Kim:kim:

UPDATE: The excavation crew is at the house today making the adjustments. I spoke with the crew supervisor to explain where the pool should be, along with providing a copy of the official drawing that has the measurements. Looks like they'll be able to fix it using hand tools rather than the excavator.

I hear you on just leaving it alone. If our decking was going to be concrete or something without perpendicular lines, I probably would just try to get some compensation from the builder. However, we're doing travertine tiles, which would make it pretty obvious that the pool isn't square to the house.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.