mommahocker

Apr 8, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Upgraded my OG steps this season to these Confer steps... nothing wrong with the first ones, I just didn't like them. But, luckily, my friend can use them in her AGP, so it'll work great for her.

SO, as I was unboxing and assembling the new steps, I realized I ordered the WRONG ones.:unsure: 2 weeks of research on Amazon, my research here, and an ill-timed ADHD brain short-circuit, and well, here I am with not-my-first-choice steps... My hubs said, and I quote "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit."
They assembled well-enough and I weighted them with the gallon jugs of sand/rock (re-used from last year). They will be fine steps.

The solid side-walls on these steps are my concern. I drilled some extra holes all around the sides to help with water flow, but I'm still nervous that it'll be a nightmare trying to keep the area clean. Can't really get behind it with a brush, so Jetting out muck with water hose, detaching the steps from the deck for scrubbing/vacuuming are about my only cleaning options I can think of.

The return jet is to the left,about 4ft, with the water flowing toward the ladder. Not ideal, but is what it is.
Would aiming the return DIRECTLY at the ladder be beneficial at all? Or would it slow down the flow/circulation too much?
I typically have the return positioned at a 45 degree angle, just high enough to ripple the water. And honestly, I don't even know if that's right?

I'm needing some suggestions/solutions/"here's what I did" to ease my mind!

Sidenote: It's been so COLD in OK, I haven't even been able to get in the dang pool yet!

My hubs said, and I quote "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit."
Ha ha. :brickwall: That would be as well. Anyways, adding those additional holes for water flow is a good move. I wouldn't worry about the return jet. I don't think it could do much anyways. But the access for chlorinated water is great. Plus you could always use something like a turkey baster to squirt some chlorine directly into the stairs once in a while. Come winter time, perhaps pull the steps out completely if that is part of your winter prep?

Reactions: ghall6292
Ha ha. :brickwall: That would be as well. Anyways, adding those additional holes for water flow is a good move. I wouldn't worry about the return jet. I don't think it could do much anyways. But the access for chlorinated water is great. Plus you could always use something like a turkey baster to squirt some chlorine directly into the stairs once in a while. Come winter time, perhaps pull the steps out completely if that is part of your winter prep?
yeah, he's soooo over me and my pool already! lol

Totally forgot abt the chlorine injections, thanks for the reminder.
And pulling the steps is always part of the closing process... one less thing to clean when opening.;)

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.