New Sta Rite IntelliPro VSF Variable Speed Pump

Goheels1

May 10, 2020
Maryville, IL
Just installed a new Sta Rite IntelliPro VSF Variable Speed Pump. Pump is running well, seems to be hooked up correctly. The Pentair Control Panel is reading the pump fine, but the pump is turning off at random times and not running to the assigned schedule on the control panel. What am I missing? How do I get the pump to run from the schedule on the control panel?

Attachments

• IMG-5675.jpg
    IMG-5675.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-5674.jpg
    IMG-5674.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-5671.jpg
    IMG-5671.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 15
Go,

Do you have ScreenLogic???

If the pump's display says "Display not Active".. then the EasyTouch is in control of the pump.

So, something in your ET is telling the pump to shut off.

I doubt it is doing anything "randomly".. If you have Pool scheduled to run say 8 am until 4 pm.. and then you start turning the pool circuit on and off manually, you can confuse the system and it will just run until the egg-timer runs out.

I assume you know, but the ET's display in your pic is just for setting the speed.. It has nothing to do with when it runs..

Just leave it alone and see how it runs tomorrow...

Tell me what schedules you think you have... If you have ScreenLogic, show me this page..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks For the reply Jim. I do not have a screen logic. Here is a pic of my ET schedule. I did flip breakers multiple times for hook up and labeling purposes.

Attachments

• 63616EC2-7FBD-4C47-B160-0438DBD76BB7.jpeg
    63616EC2-7FBD-4C47-B160-0438DBD76BB7.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 15
Go,

Well, as I am sure you suspect, the pump should run from 6 am until 10 pm everyday, at 2400 RPM..

This assumes there are no other schedules or speeds set up..

If something else happens, see if you can record the time and speed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Go,

Are you sure that you only have that one schedule?

What is your "Pool" circuit Egg-Timer set for?

I'd reset the schedule for some shorter period of time and see of the pump will start and stop.. Say like 8 AM unitl 9 AM

I "assume" your clock is correct???

Does your system actually have an VSF option? Some only have VS or VF..

Sorry, but I can't think of any reason the pump would continue to run..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.