New SoCal IG shotcrete pool build - equipment set, Final Inspection Passed, Pebble Done! Salt added. Back deck in process

PB called back today and said je has all the equipment but he's been waiting on our vs pump to come in. It is theoretically due Friday with a scheduled install of monday...Monday. We shall see

So.. pb has gone ghost. We last saw anyone here March 3rd. Pb does rarely responds to calls and texts and when he does it is "next week". In doing some Facebook/Instagram comment stalking it appears this is not abnormal for this pb to disappear after the third progress payment.
We are looking at what our options are to complete and will be contacting an attorney this week as the pb is 90% paid and the equipment alone is more than what is owed.
I have 2 contractors working on quotes for completion and as an alternative I am also trying to locate the equipment as I could install that myself and then would just need to contract the Pebble.
This is definitely not the way we expected this to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Making the assumption that I am going to diy the plumbing portion, i have some Plumbing questions for all the plumbing geeks out there.
1. Sacrificial anode yes or no
A. If yes I am seeing some sites recommending two, one attached to the pool bonding grid and one directly attached to the heat exchanger
2. I have seen several installs with the temp sensors installed in a 2" tee with a 2x1/2 fip bushing. I like this idea better than drilling a whole in a pipe but cant seem to located what threaded temp sensors to use
3. There is a water bond installed in a tee below ground level on the pool return. I have seen several instances in which an additional water bond is installed in a tee at the top of the output side of each pump. Is this warranted, recommended? Does it provide any additional ,argon of safety?
4. My auto fill line comes off the main servicing our house from the street. Since it does not come off the house it is not pressure regulated and sits typically between 100-125 psi (we are @150psi at the street but it travels uphill to the pad). Our county requires an rp backflow to be installed on the autofill, should I also add a pressure regulator to dial it down? I did put a hose bib (with vacuum breaker) in line after the ball valve but before when the rp goes so we have higher pressure at the pad for filter cleaning etc but am worried about the pressure damaging the toilet style valve.
Thank you in advance

I don't know anything about questions 1 and 3, but for #4, you definitely need a regulator to control the pressure to the autofill. My Poolmiser autofill indicates no more than 40 psi (I think) in the instructions. I'd also be surprised if the hose bib is rated for full pressure also. Might verify that as well.

For #2 - I used these glands - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S9ZTF18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I threaded the gland into the 2 x 1/2" Tee, and installed the standard temp sensor into that. Been going on about 2 years with no issues. You can see it right in front of the filter in the pic here.

temp sensor plumbing.JPG

--Jeff

I don't know anything about questions 1 and 3, but for #4, you definitely need a regulator to control the pressure to the autofill. My Poolmiser autofill indicates no more than 40 psi (I think) in the instructions. I'd also be surprised if the hose bib is rated for full pressure also. Might verify that as well.

For #2 - I used these glands - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S9ZTF18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I threaded the gland into the 2 x 1/2" Tee, and installed the standard temp sensor into that. Been going on about 2 years with no issues. You can see it right in front of the filter in the pic here.

View attachment 404104

--Jeff
Very helpful, thank you!
Regarding the hose bib, I did check and it is rated to 200psi so I'm fine with that however you spurred me to check the manufacturer of the autofill and it is the CMP with plastic valve rated to 60 psi lol, guess that answers question 4 pretty bluntly ,pressure regulator ordered.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Our auto-fill line comes to the pad in copper (it was done that way as the excavator ripped our 2" copper main out of the ground... 3 times... and on the third repair I tee'd in to prevent them from having to dig across the copper again to trench for pvc to the house supply)
Our jurisdiction also requires a full rp backflow preventer, they required the same in our irrigation line, versus the typical vacuum breaker.
My plan is to install the pressure regulator after the tee on this upright, then the rp, then use a pvc male adapter into the rp from the pool. 20220423_093933.jpg

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Consulted an attorney this week. They recomended drawing up a demand letter laying out required timeliness for completion. If the pb still fails to perform then we can proceed with another contractor and the attorney will go after the pb bond/insurance for what it costs to complete over what we owed the pb.
Fun times

Pb responded and supposedly will be here Monday to install equipment. To save time he agreed to allow me to install the backflow and pressure regulator and remove the expense from the total. That has been done and tested/certified so I'll call that some forward progress. 20220503_163640.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.