New Screenlogic2 system won't give me programmable programs for VS pump.

maxthesilent

Dec 31, 2020
Henderson, NV
Hi,
New to the forum but visited several times to figure things out!

I just added the Easytouch PSL 4 and Screenlogic2 to the system with the existing Intelliflow VS pump. Prior to the ET, I had four programs set up at the pump:
1 ran from 0700-1100 @ 2900rpm
2 ran from 1100-1300 @ 2000rpm
3 ran from 1300-1500 @ 1500rpm
4 ran from 1500-1700 @ 1250rpm

When this was set up yesterday, the installer set the spa for 3070 and the pool for 2000 and told me I could set up my old programs like I had them in SL2. However, I cannot figure out how to do this. I did go back in to this screen and set it like this, but there is no option I can find to allow me to do what I did before:

slsetup.JPG
The pump has remained on the consistent 2000rpm all day today. I sure hope in an effort to make my pool programming easier I didn't lose the functionality I had prior to buying this new system.

Thanks!
Pat

Attachments

• slsetup.JPG
    slsetup.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 12
Pat,

That is not how it works... You can only have one pump speed for each circuit.. If you have two circuits on at the same time, the pump will always run the higher RPM..

This is why when you are in the pool mode, your pump always runs at 2K.

Here is my pump page..

I use the slowest speed I ever want to run as the Pool Circuit.. Then to change speeds, I use Feature circuits.. I named them Skim low and Skim high..

View media item 1964

Let me know if this does not make sense and I'll try again,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Pat,

I should add this...

For this example we will just use the Pool mode..

I run the Pool circuit for the total amount of time the pump is scheduled to run.. Let's just say 8 am until 8 pm (1250 RPM)

I then schedule my skim-low, skim-high or waterfall as needed.. Just an example of how this works.

Skim-low 10 am until 11 am (1500)

Skim -high 2 pm until 3 pm (2000)

Waterfall 6 pm until 615 pm) (2800)

Pump starts at 8 am at1250 RPM, at 10 am pump increases speed to 1500 RPM, at 11 am the pump goes back to 1250 RPM. At 2 pm the speed increases to 2000 RPM, and at 3 pm the speed goes back to 1250.. At 6 pm until 615 pm the pump speed will go up to 2800 and then return to 1250 until the 8 pm when the pump will shut off.

Normally you would not run all the circuits at the same time.. but if you did the pump would run at the fastest speed of 2800 RPM.

I think you will find that with the "lite" version of the EasyTouch, you can only have a max of 4 schedules or programs and that includes any egg-timers.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks so much for the help, Jim. I think I got it figured out now. I was being too literal thinking a circuit was an actual circuit instead of a program, if you will. I wound up doing this:

pool schedule.JPG

pool speeds.JPG

I gave up trying to get rid of the spa circuit and just made it 5 minutes. I read a ton of reviews of this software, both desktop and Android version, and most users hate it. I get it now. In watching a video of an installer with the Apple version, there's looks more intuitive and more user friendly. On the phone app, it seems to have on one screen what we have on two. Oh, well, I guess Apple is better once in a while.

Again, thanks so much for the help!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
If you have two circuits on at the same time the system will always run at the faster speed.

It can take a minute or two for changes to happen..

Please re-read my #3 posts...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.