New Purchase - Dolphin Sigma!!!!

Thanks for the info.

I will do a little more research. It seems that the Sigma is a residential version of the Dolphin C3 which is actually sold as a commercial unit, so I don't doubt you on the power.

I was just wondering if you had particular reasons for choosing it over some of the other Dolphin models. The Sigma is not nearly as popular (not saying it's a bad unit). I just have not heard much about it so was curious to hear your thoughts on it or why you chose it over some of the others.

Thanks for the info.

I will do a little more research. It seems that the Sigma is a residential version of the Dolphin C3 which is actually sold as a commercial unit, so I don't doubt you on the power.

I was just wondering if you had particular reasons for choosing it over some of the other Dolphin models. The Sigma is not nearly as popular (not saying it's a bad unit). I just have not heard much about it so was curious to hear your thoughts on it or why you chose it over some of the others.
This another reason: https://www.poolbots.com/robotic-po...A2rVL0XIIjrvC-DcZ6BUeB_SMVlkzurRoCLRgQAvD_BwE

Reactions: justinc
I am a bit confused. The first website listed above does not go to the Maytronics website. On the Maytronics website, they show the Sigma, but all of the features (multiple motors, gyroscopic control etc) are not listed. Is the Maytronics website out of date or is some third party modifying an existing unit?

My question is if it can be setup with dual filtration like the S-series bots? That's a huge feature for me in practice.

Interesting line for them. Quad brushes like the upcoming Maytronics iO3, but a dual-basket setup like the older style robots.

But certainly on point with their M.O. of blanketing the market with a ton of different options.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Dolphin Sigma has a (presumably solid-state) gyroscope to enable improved navigation. The Dolphin C3, which is very similar to the Sigma, apparently does not. Does anyone have first-hand experience on whether the gyro-enabled navigation in the Sigma is better than the C3 at mapping? One advantage of the C3 is the ability to convert it to a C4 (adding a 3rd brush).

What shape is your pool? Is there a walking ledge? Seating areas? Steps? How far along the wall does it scrub before it backs down? What happens when it goes over a jet?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.