New Pump and Filter vs Sand vs DE

Hi. I had a couple of questions, and I did not see anyone with a similar post.

First, on Amazon, they have pump filter combos for reasonable prices. But the combos generally say for above ground pools.
Our Hayward pump is 5 years old and is starting to sound odd.
Does it matter if a system says for above ground pools?
My pool is in ground and less than 3,000 gallons (yep, 3,000, not 30,000). So it is not a big pool.
Does above, or in ground, matter when it comes to pump systems?

Next, Does it matter if I'd be changing from a cartridge to a sand filter or DE filter?
Which is best of the 3?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Unless your pool equipment is several feet BELOW the level of your pool water, the Above Ground pool systems will not work. They are NOT self priming.
Looks to me just replacing your small VS pump is what you should plan to do, when necessary. Your filter is fine for your pool.

Sounds like you need to rebuild your pump and replace the bearing and get a new Salt or SCS seal kit :)

As far as filters it depends on what you want, sand is easier but filters less, cart uses less water and if big enough can last a year without cleaning and DE is the cleanest ...

Attachments

• Use-The-Right-Seal-For-Your-Pool-and-Spa-Pumps.pdf
    311.1 KB · Views: 0
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.