DigitalCK

Apr 7, 2022
Dallas Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey y'all... just built a new home and working on figuring out what we want for a pool. We've never had one nor built one before, but bought this house and the particular lot because it's perfect to put one in.

Figured I'd kick off with just the quick intro for now - will have some thoughts on the wants (for feedback of course) and pic of the space soon!

Rough sketch of the house placement on the lot (in red) for our lot (the weird shaped one with the red "house" in it, duh)

1649427937735.png

And we have a pretty blank slate!

A couple shots from the areas of the yard..

Side of the house:

IMG_2509.JPEG

Back from the "side corner" view

IMG_2510.JPEG

Back from the "other side" view

IMG_2511.JPEG

Plan for placement is something ROUGHLY like this (obv, pool in blue):

1649428059170.png

Still figuring out the specifics, but this is where we're headed... Probably around 30'x15' +/- a bit. Sun deck, spa, heated, salt water, no cover, and lots of decking extending from house to pool and around for lots of social time.

Welcome fellow DFW'er ... My initial thought I would put the pool a bit closer to house.. Less decking you have to buy and use that money for actual pool/outdoor living upgrades etc.. If your backyard is west facing make sure you budget for structures to provide shade.

Go get some orange utility flags/Paint from your local Lowes/Depot and mark the pool out in your back yard to get a good idea of how it will fit..

And all that nice new expensive SOD is gonna be destroyed by a build process. Obviously where to pool goes but also the access into the yard from the side so buget for replacement of all that. Your PB will come and destroy your yard and make no apologies about it! Also the fence on the left side will probably be used for access, builder will generally take it down but not pay to put it back up.

If you need a recommendation of a good PB in our area, please feel free to message me. Also see my build thread in my sig.

Last edited:
Reactions: DigitalCK
Welcome fellow DFW'er ... My initial thought I would put the pool a bit closer to house.. Less decking you have to buy and use that money for actual pool/outdoor living upgrades etc.. If your backyard is west facing make sure you budget for structures to provide shade.

Go get some orange utility flags/Paint from your local Lowes/Depot and mark the pool out in your back yard to get a good idea of how it will fit..

And all that nice new expensive SOD is gonna be destroyed by a build process. Obviously where to pool goes but also the access into the yard from the side so buget for replacement of all that. Your PB will come and destroy your yard and make no apologies about it! Also the fence on the left side will probably be used for access, builder will generally take it down but not pay to put it back up.

If you need a recommendation of a good PB in our area, please feel free to message me. Also see my build thread in my sig.

Thanks!

This was definitely drawn in haste and not to scale - more for general location. I think we're initially estimating 6-8 feet off patio is the starting point for this. Any specific recommendation?

We're hoping for as much sun as possible, so avoiding shade has actually been our plan. We love the texas heat. Our home is north/south (off by a little bit).

Yeah, I wish we could have not had the sod put in and saved $ but that's the builder's included stuff. Oh well... We do have convenient side access as there's a 10' HOA green space they can come through on the far side of the house.

I'll go check out your build thread - will be DM for the builder (we've met 1 so far, 2 more scheduled)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.