New PoolMath coming

Having strange issue in the new app where it's giving me very low recommendations for adjusting pH.

Current pH: 7.9
TA: 70
Borates: 48 (in the pH screen, it keeps resetting my borates to 70 even though it shows that I last recorded it at 48 so I have to manually change borates back to 48)

Target pH: 7.7

It's telling me to add 4.8oz of 31.5% muriatic acid to get there. The pool is 17,500 gallons. I'm almost certain this is incorrect. In April, with the same TA and borates I added **40** oz of muriatic acid to go from 7.9 to 7.6

Something is funky here

Having strange issue in the new app where it's giving me very low recommendations for adjusting pH.

Borates: 48 (in the pH screen, it keeps resetting my borates to 70 even though it shows that I last recorded it at 48 so I have to manually change borates back to 48)

It's telling me to add 4.8oz of 31.5% muriatic acid to get there. The pool is 17,500 gallons. I'm almost certain this is incorrect. In April, with the same TA and borates I added **40** oz of muriatic acid to go from 7.9 to 7.6

Something is funky here
You may be on to something...my new Pool Math gives the same (4.8 oz) when I plug in your numbers. If instead I go to the "Old PoolMath Webpage" link at the bottom of this site, it says to add 28 oz of acid.
I thought the amount of acid recommended for my pool seemed pretty light......

Something is funky here
This will be updated in an update shortly. We’ve found and addressed the error on our builds 👍

Thanks for pointing this out!

It works fine. Nothing wrong with the calculations and the “under the hood” stuff, just takes my brain a long time to figure out new colors.

Sadly, on my phone, all the tiles are arranged top to bottom so I have to scroll to see everything. I like the previous version where all the tiles were in 2 columns and so everything fit neatly on one screen. Probably just a consequence of my smaller screen and larger fonts (older eyes) …

All the calcs work fine. The UI needs some work.

It's way too busy and difficult to read.
In pH, there is red text.
In TA it's green text.
In CH it's blue text.

Honestly, the red and green colors will come across as something needs attention or everything is okay respectively - especially to newbies who are already at or past their limit.

Most times green = good, red = bad or needs attention.

And then there are all those exclamation point inside circles. Some are clickable while others are not.
Pick one way - clickable or not - for that icon and stick with it. Much less confusing that way.

With a check mark in Hide Ideal and Hide Recommended, the ideal and recommended target level text still shows.
No way to turn off ideal and recommemded.

From Overview tab, click on CSI, scroll to Water Temperature - temperature shows in PPM for last test result.

@Leebo, thanks for the update -- I'm sure it was a lot of work.

My general feeling about the new UI aligns with the opinions already posted here, but I also have some more-specific notes. Is there a bug tracker for the app, or would you like a private message, or is this thread the best place for those comments?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here shortly we will be releasing build 506 which moves us closer to our goal of a stable product. Over the last few days we’ve been watching as some users manually update their App and we’ve began to address some issues that have appeared. While the majority of my focus is on the development of the App I wanted to take a few minutes to comment on a few items in this thread.

Is there a bug tracker for the app, or would you like a private message, or is this thread the best place for those comments?
I’ve started a PM with yourself but I strongly encourage users to reach out to us at [email protected] if you run into issues. There are multiple reasons behind the scenes and they all boil down to one thing, you’re gonna get our attention quickest using email. When you send this it goes to a ticket system that both Jon and I monitor so either of us may answer your question. Additionally often we may ask personal info such as a legit name or email to help resolve your issue, none of this do you really want to share on the internet.

Downloaded the updated version 502. All my history is missing prior to May. Isn’t the Cloud sync automatic?

I'm having the same problem. (See my new post)
These two issues are resolved.

This will be resolved in the build we’re pushing shortly.

Sadly, on my phone, all the tiles are arranged top to bottom so I have to scroll to see everything.
As mentioned this is because the App now uses your text settings on your device. To alter this adjust the font size under accessibility inside of your iOS settings.
And then there are all those exclamation point inside circles. Some are clickable while others are not.
Pick one way - clickable or not - for that icon and stick with it. Much less confusing that way.
To my knowledge this is not a bug. The icons that can’t be clicked are water temp and CC level, neither of which goes to any advice page. If I’m incorrect with my understanding of the issue please email us with a more detailed explanation.
With a check mark in Hide Ideal and Hide Recommended, the ideal and recommended target level text still shows.
No way to turn off ideal and recommemded.
This has been improved in the next update. It’s not perfect yet, but steps forward have been taken.
From Overview tab, click on CSI, scroll to Water Temperature - temperature shows in PPM for last test result.
Logged to be fixed in later update.

Reactions: Newdude
To my knowledge this is not a bug. The icons that can’t be clicked are water temp and CC level, neither of which goes to any advice page. If I’m incorrect with my understanding of the issue please email us with a more detailed explanation.
Click Overview, click pH - to right of TA number is an exclamation point in a circle which is clickable. Under Target pH is another eclamation point in a circle to left of "Your target is outside the ideal range" which is not clickable. There is no consistency for these icons.

This has been improved in the next update. It’s not perfect yet, but steps forward have been taken.
It worked just fine in the previous version (360?) Why is to broken now?

What about the colors - can they be made less confusing? It's much less user friendly with the myriad of colors.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, or just me. Noticed my CC number was 5...which was odd.
I did my tests, recorded the FC 9 point 5, and then the cc, point 5.
So when I hit "point 5", it ignored the 'point' and just put in 5...

Did some fiddling, and you can't just hit . then 5, you have to hit 0 then . then 5

Not a big deal, but thought I'd throw that out there :)

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Android : 13 (One UI 5.0)
PoolMath App Version 506(506012)

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude