New pool wanting to hard plumb

The plumber began, since we are having terrible issues with our pool installer (perhaps a General Civil Suit) we told the plumber to hold off with the remaining plumbing. This is what is done so far. Well for some reason I cannot upload any more pictures..... ��

I became a supporter since I have received such valuable information from TFP. Now I am able to post more pictures.
20170619_133414.jpg

Last edited:
The pool will most likely need to be drained, as there are wrinkles all over the pool floor. Some smaller ones and a few that are quite large. Is there any way to salvage the liner for a reinstall?

Eww... sorry to hear about the wrinkles!!

The liner should be fine. They don't take it out. They need to pump it out until there is only a couple inches of water in it. Our installers got in it with only socks on and used their feet to move the liner around to remove the wrinkles. I've seen others use something like a push broom with foam blocks on it.

Are they saving the water to back in?

At this point, we have no idea. Our installer won't return our calls or texts. We have not seen him since Thursday, and he was only here for a short period. Today I was planning on calling around for a new installer. At this point my husband and I don't know what to do. A courtesy call or text would have been greatly appreciated. We have to believe that he has acted with a false pretense to defraud us.

Well, we have no return or skimmer attached nor is the liner cutout for those openings. Plus it's filled with water that was delivered last Wednesday. We bought steps that are suppose to attach to the new pool deck that should have also been close to being done (but there certainly hasn't been any wood delivered). I may have to purchase an a frame ladder if we can ever get the pool liner fixed.

Is there any possible way to install a return and skimmer without having to drain the pool below those levels?

This has been our worst nightmare!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Eww... sorry to hear about the wrinkles!!

The liner should be fine. They don't take it out. They need to pump it out until there is only a couple inches of water in it. Our installers got in it with only socks on and used their feet to move the liner around to remove the wrinkles. I've seen others use something like a push broom with foam blocks on it.

Are they saving the water to back in?

I have no idea how they could save just over 13,000 gallons of water. We haven't heard anything from our installer, he has turned into a phantom ghost with a very large sum of our money.

Is there any possible way to install a return and skimmer without having to drain the pool below those levels?

I have no idea how they could save just over 13,000 gallons of water. We haven't heard anything from our installer, he has turned into a phantom ghost with a very large sum of our money.

Maybe on installing the skimmer & return. Some water will leak out for sure. Some have built a coffer dam around the area to minimize the water loss. It's not the recommended method though.
That said, I'm not sure I would want to do that until the wrinkles were fixed. Depending on how much they need to adjust the liner, you would hate to have the holes cut in the wrong spot or cause wrinkles in the sides to get it to line up.

When I had my AGP pool installed, there was a hole in one of the seams on the brand new liner. The installer put a temp patch in place to stop the leak. I told them I wanted the liner replaced and they agreed. About a week later they showed up with the new liner and did the replacement. I told them I didn't want to dump 12k gallons that I paid for and then have to replace it. They brought out these open top "tubs" to temporarily hold the water. Each one was about 4k gallons. I ended up only having to waste about 1k gallons. There were in and out in half a day. The longest part was waiting for the water to be pumped out.

Obviously you would need a fairly flat spot near the pool. They may not have these to use either.
Pl9Qdldl.jpg

Dave,
You were very fortunate to only lose 1k of water. Thanks for the information on those "tubs". Definitely something for us to look into. I had a feeling about the holes in the liner not matching up once the wrinkles are removed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.