New pool wanting to hard plumb

Ask any and all questions!

You know what??? How about you share a pic of the pool and pad. If at all possible have the equipment on the pad and someone here may be able to "draw" out what should be done to hook it all up. THEN we can get you a supply list. BUT you and I both know there will be at least 2 more trips to pick this or that :roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

About halfway down the page on this link is a great general guide for supplies: Finally Plumbed my AGP with PVC - Page 4. I've never worked with PVC before and had no idea what I needed or what to buy and it helped quite a bit. Every situation is different, but I mapped out where my equipment was on paper and how I wanted everything to look and made my supply list from there. I also added 4 extra of each connector just because, no need to take a trip to the hardware store right in the middle of working. Just get a gameplan together ahead of time and it will go smoothly. I'd also highly recommend a handheld pvc cutter. I figured I'd use a hacksaw but the cutter was great for last minute adjustments after I'd taken all of the part over to the pool and something just wouldn't quite fit. It was a big time saver.
Plumbing left.jpgPlumbing right.jpg

I put the valves on both ends (at pool side & at equipment pad). Granted my pad is only 12 feet from the pool but that's the way I wanted it. I usually use the valves at the pad to isolate equipment so I can clean filters. Less water to drain out when I have to pull the top off the filter. The center of my filter is below the skimmers.
You need the valves somewhere in the piping. It's not supercritical exactly where they go.

What problems specifically is he having trouble with?
There are dozens of install threads with pics so you should be able to figure it out without too much trouble. This thread alone has six different installs shown.

As Kim said, post pictures of your pool and where you want the pad and I'm sure someone will help you draw something out. You might even get 3 or four different ideas *wink*

Post #43 above has a link. Follow that link. There is some great information in there. I think you would find it very helpful, please read it.

The equipment isn't on the pad yet, but hopefully the pictures of the equipment, pad and pool will help. The heater is too heavy for me to help my husband bring out to the pad
20170616_094017.jpg]20170616_094054.jpg20170616_094036.jpg

Attachments

• 20170616_094017.jpg
    20170616_094017.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 124
Just to the left of that solar light is the electrical box, it's not very tall. We have an electrician that came out to run the electric box. We are using a local company for the gas hook up, that will be trenched from the right of the pad.
We just had a plumber come out to see if they could plumb, but he needs a potential diagram (they haven't done many pools).
Also, we have decided not to trench the plumbing, so it will sit on top of river rocks. We need to dig up the grass and then add landscape fabric and river rocks.

- - - Updated - - -

I did add bleach last night, freaking out that equipment isn't installed yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, bought plenty of valves. Wasn't sure how many we would need, so bought more just in case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh man reading these.. makes me itch to "finish" (is it ever really finished??) mine.... but I have a fence that needs up first....

Looking good, and I like the links for other pictures... I do better with pictures and words. Rather than words only

Here's what our contractor did. They still need to come back and finish the electrical and level the pad out (it sank into the backfill area a bit so I added more dirt). I wish I would have known enough to ask for more valves. I'm running the pump on a 10 gauge electrical cord for the time being.
IMG_0343.jpgIMG_0344.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.